cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using UCCX to play prompts based on DNIS for multiple numbers

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

I've done some research on this, but I can't quite seem to find a good way to accomplish what I need and I'm looking for some advice. I have 129 numbers that will be forwarded to a UCCX trigger/app/script, then a prompt needs to play based on the DNIS. There are no agents, skills, or CSQs involved, just using UCCX to play a prompt based on the DNIS. I already have the prompts for each number ready to go. I know I can use a Switch Step in the script to Play Prompt based on the DNIS, but I don't want to do that 129 times. I've been looking at maybe using XML along with the script, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to accomplish this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you not just use the DNIS as part of the name of the file to play in the Play Prompt step? If so you'd need to create a variable that is dynamic set by the script with the DNIS that you capture in the script and then you use that as the reference for what to play in the Play Prompt step.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Can you not just use the DNIS as part of the name of the file to play in the Play Prompt step? If so you'd need to create a variable that is dynamic set by the script with the DNIS that you capture in the script and then you use that as the reference for what to play in the Play Prompt step.

Response Signature

This is probably the best option <dnis>.wav in your script and no lookup needed.

david

Precisely what I meant. ':-D'

Response Signature

That works perfectly, thank you. I was overthinking it.