cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Voice Browser 11.6 - VXML server Tomcat version

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a VXML app developer partner who have a VXML application which runs on their own tomcat Server.

i.e. its a VXML application which does NOT run on the Cisco VXML Server.

So we reach this app via a simple CVP Call Studio Subdialog app.

The partner is stating that "Cisco only support their app running on a Tomcat 8.0" server - with I assume the logic been that this is the same Tomcat version that CVP 11.5 VXML server uses.

But my assumption is that VVB 11.6 does not have any restrictions on the Tomcat version that an external app deployed on a non Cisco Tomcat server?

Does anyone have any recommendations / comments?

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm the issue is now resolved by installing VVB 11.6 ES84.

The ES84 has a fix for compatibility with CVP 12.0 (CSCvn03464), which runs a higher tomcat version as well. (i believe 9.0)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

Could it be because of the Java version? It needs to be v7.

Which version of Tomcat are you running? Can't you just load up a v8 Tomcat?

Brent,

Yes - I could just use a Tomcat 8 server.

But tomcat 8.5 is more secure and it makes the product more future proof if they haev Tomcat 8.5

The question is not what we can do.

The question is - should Cisco VVB have any issues interacting with VXML that is hosted on a Tomcat Server.

e.g. Tomcat 8.5 or Tomcat 9.0 server.

i.e. this is not hosting CVP VXML Server, but 3rd party non Cisco Call Studio VXML application.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Did you ever got an answer on this one?

I am experiencing issues with VVB 11.6 and external VXML on tomcat 8.5 and higher vs 8.0

The problems look like they are cookie related.

We see difference in behaviour between 8.0 and 8.5 (and ofcourse no problems with IOS VXML Browser)

Let me know,

thanks!

I can confirm the issue is now resolved by installing VVB 11.6 ES84.

The ES84 has a fix for compatibility with CVP 12.0 (CSCvn03464), which runs a higher tomcat version as well. (i believe 9.0)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: