Replies

VmWare Networking

Alok Mohanty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys

Scenerio

==========

I am trying to build a lab @home , where I have installed CUCM on VmWare on Server1.

2 Sprawlers has been installed on VmWare on Server 2.

In the Network Adapter setting I am using Host Only

Connection has been established across both the servers using a cross-over cable.

Both the sprawlers are able to communicate.

Question

========

I am unable to communicate between sprawler and its host and cucm and its corresponding host.(req. to communicate sprawler with cucm)

Am pretty new to using VmWare so not sure which setting to use.  ( Host Only )

Thanks

Alok     

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alok

Basically 'host only' is just that - it allows you to communicate between the VMs (and other VMs on the same host-only network on that host machine) and the host machine itself.

If you have a system of more than one host you would typically select 'bridged' networking - this effectively makes it appear as if the VM is connected to the LAN so you will have full reachability. If you can detail which version of VMware you are using I can advise further...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: