Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice and Email CSQ names in UCCX 10.6

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I am deploying UCCX 10.6 with voice and email CSQs.

The contact centre will serve multiple countries so my naming convention for CSQs will use the format below:

SERVICE_langauagecode-COUNTRY

For example, CSD_en-GB means Customer Services Department - English - Great Britain.

Each service will have a voice and email queue. My question is about naming the CSQs.

Can I use the same name for both voice and email queues and, if so, are there any gotchas?

If this is not possible then I could use VOICE_CSD_en-GB and EMAIL_CSD_en-GB but these are getting a bit clunky.

I would be really interested in hearing from people with practical experience of this about what worked best for them and their customers.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

System will not allow you to create two CSQs (i.e., Voice AND eMAIL ) with the same naming convention. The moment you will try to create the second CSQ with same name, below error message will be displayed:

Failed to add the CSQ because this CSQ name already exists. Please try again.

Even if you will open UCCX admin page in multiple browsers or tabs and then try to create two CSQs with same name exactly at the same time, then also system will detect this and restrict it. Even by chance, if it goes through there will lot of issues with reporting and calls routing etc. There had been cases in the past wherein two CSQs had been created with same name and then customers had to come to TAC to rename/delete one of them.

Hence, choose different naming conventions, I agree it will be clunky but that should and is the the best approach only to configure these things.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

James,

There are two things when you want to remove the CSQs name or any other inactive entry which shows up in CUIC and cause confusion. First is, we can create a Collection Query in CUIC so that the reporting is done only on the active data as mentioned in the below defect

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug62201/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Second is, we can remove the entry completely from the database which will be done by TAC by accessing the root of your UCCX system. The only disadvantage of removing the records completely from the database is that you will never be able to run any reports for that entry in future if you want to whereas the first option allows you to report on the inactive entry as well in future. So the choice is yours as a customer and hence if you want to remove the records completely, please contact TAC.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

System will not allow you to create two CSQs (i.e., Voice AND eMAIL ) with the same naming convention. The moment you will try to create the second CSQ with same name, below error message will be displayed:

Failed to add the CSQ because this CSQ name already exists. Please try again.

Even if you will open UCCX admin page in multiple browsers or tabs and then try to create two CSQs with same name exactly at the same time, then also system will detect this and restrict it. Even by chance, if it goes through there will lot of issues with reporting and calls routing etc. There had been cases in the past wherein two CSQs had been created with same name and then customers had to come to TAC to rename/delete one of them.

Hence, choose different naming conventions, I agree it will be clunky but that should and is the the best approach only to configure these things.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Thanks Deepak,

That has really helped me!

I would have tried testing this but I want to make sure that I do not create any CSQs where the names have to be changed as the old names hang about in the database confusing reporting users.

Is there any way that these old CSQs can be permanently removed that you know of?

Thanks Again

James

James,

There are two things when you want to remove the CSQs name or any other inactive entry which shows up in CUIC and cause confusion. First is, we can create a Collection Query in CUIC so that the reporting is done only on the active data as mentioned in the below defect

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug62201/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Second is, we can remove the entry completely from the database which will be done by TAC by accessing the root of your UCCX system. The only disadvantage of removing the records completely from the database is that you will never be able to run any reports for that entry in future if you want to whereas the first option allows you to report on the inactive entry as well in future. So the choice is yours as a customer and hence if you want to remove the records completely, please contact TAC.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Deepak,

Thank you again - you are a superstar!

Regards

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: