cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip2055 error, unable to open NIC adapter ... for sniffing

dolphine55
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UCCX server run on 7.0(1)SR04_Build443, recently had NIC card issue, the 1st NIC was having problem to be enabled , so we moved the network conneciton to the 2nd NIC. All services are up running normal from CRS Control Center. But,  soon get a a error from event viewer : " VOIP2055 Unable to open the NIC adapter ...  for sniffing"   it is from FCVOIPMONSvr.

I have tried to switch the Network bind, to put 2nd NIC to top. But that doesn't solve the problem ?     Can any one help ?  What is this error really imply ?

How is NIC work for the  VIOP Monitor service ?  

Thanks in advance !

7 Replies 7

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

So you will be using NIC2 for the network connection. You can put a dummy IP address for NIC1 (without default gateway) since it won't be used anyway.

Try running PostInstall.exe from C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin. In the VOIP Monitor Service tab, make sure to select the NIC1 for packet sniffing.

Make sure NIC2 is on top on the NIC binding order. Restart the VOIP monitor service or reboot the server.

HTH

Pablo

Hi, Pablo,   That was a good fix .        Thank you !

Hi, Pablo, I get one error when restart Destop VOIP monitoring service.   It is from LDAPMONSvr.    How is that conencted ? Will this affece the service for LDAP users ?

Appreciate your help !

Hi. Well, LDAPMonSvr is responsible for starting & monitoring the services hosting the LDAP database. It also is responsible for replicating this LDAP DB to the second node.

Try to get a screenshot from the exact error or look into the LDAPMonSvr logs at:
C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log

Thanks again Pablo. I did find the error log on LDAP, looks it's complaining that the LDAP and replication can not be bind to the dummy IP.    As from previous operation-- run Postinstall.exe , I can assign the binding the voip monitoring service to the UCCX true IP.

I wonder if I can disable the the NIC with dummy IP now ....   I just disabled this dummy NIC

=====Here is the log ====

VERSION INFO: Module: WLDAP32.dll: Product Version <5.2.3790.3959> Pri Build <> Special Build <>.
2011-05-17 15:04:29:991 INFO LC0012 Failed to bind to Calabrio LDAP service on <172.69.54.1>: <-1>
2011-05-17 15:04:29:991 INFO LC0004 Auto recovery to Calabrio LDAP service is not enabled.
2011-05-17 15:04:29:991 ERROR LM2025 LDAP Client Function <:CONNECTTOLDAP> Error .
2011-05-17 15:04:31:194 ERROR LM2008 Replication Checker .

OK, I just disabled this dummy NIC and LDAP error is not coming back.   And VOIP2055 error is not recurr neither...   I will watch for a while see if it keeps stable.....

thats good news. Well, you mentioned you couldn't get this NIC1 to work, so maybe there's some hardware problem with it.

Regards,

Pablo

I am having the same issue...would the suggested steps need to be after-hours as it would affect production?

Tracy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: