Views
Helpful
Replies

VRU PG cann't connect to call server automaticly

xiaosen weng
Level 1
Level 1

Problem description

I have 4 vru pim in one PG(PG2B),  configure each pim connect to 4 call servers, but when I run this PG, I see that pim1 and pim2 auto connect to call server and it shows 'active' , but pim3 and pim4 can't auto connect to call server, it still shows 'idle'   , from the attach file, I can see that in 'pim1.txt' , when it start, it can connect to call server automaticly, but in 'pim3.txt' log

, it shows nothing to do, I want to know what's the problem with pim3?         

9 Replies 9

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do you have pg2a running?

yes, I have pg2A, and in pg2A, I only create 2 pims,  connect to 2 call server, and it also work fine.
do you mean I need to create 4 pims in pg2A, like pg2B's?

Exactly. They have to be identical

after I add  VRU pim3 and pim4 into pg2A, restart the PG2A and PG2B, now PG2A 's pim1 and pim2 is active,  pim3 and pim4 still idle, the same as PG2B, the log is in the attach, what's the problem?

Do you have pim 1 On A side connected to the same CVP as on B?

So the setup should be the following. How that should be configured in your PIM and where it should point to

PG2A pim1 ->  CVP CS1

PG2A pim2 -> CVP CS2

PG2A pim3 -> CVP CS3

PG2A PIM4 -> CVP CS4

PG2B pim1 ->  CVP CS1

PG2B pim2 -> CVP CS2

PG2B pim3 -> CVP CS3

PG2B PIM4 -> CVP CS4

PGs are running in Active-standby mode and this is absolutely normal, that one side of your PG is not active

BTW, i see, that you are running UCCE 8.5, that is not supported anymore for few years. You will need to upgrade your setup to the latest releases

yes, my configure is the same as follows, and whenever  I restart PG2A or PG2B, only pim1 and pim2 can send  connect signal to CS1 or CS2, but from pim3 and pim4  logs, it seems that PG cann't send connect signal  to CS3 or CS4, I don't know why , I remove the PG2B and reconfigure it , the problem also existence.  does one PG only support 2 active pims ?

PG2A pim1 -> CVP CS1
PG2A pim2 -> CVP CS2
PG2A pim3 -> CVP CS3
PG2A PIM4 -> CVP CS4

PG2B pim1 -> CVP CS1
PG2B pim2 -> CVP CS2
PG2B pim3 -> CVP CS3
PG2B PIM4 -> CVP CS4

Switch off one of the sides and check connectivity.

It might be, you have firewall, that blocks communication

Kostia

no firewall, and I just do a "telnet CS3'S IP 5000" from PG2A’s OS, it shows that it can access port 5000
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: