cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VVB/Finesse 12.5 RTMT log collection issue

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

Having issue with collecting log files for VOSS application ( Finesse/VVB) in release 12.5. I also have tried workaround by updating host file on laptop and still have issue with collecting logs. 

Does anyone know If this issue has been fix ? 

RTMT tool not working in 12.5
CSCvs09607
Defect says it fixed. 
If anyone has another workaround besides CLI, please post it here. I do not have better luck using CLI. 
7 Replies 7

That bug is for UCCX, what is the exact issue you're seeing with RTMT?

david

What error/issue do you get?

Also, you may find this post of interest, it has some other suggestions as well.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/rtmt-error-quot-no-services-systems-logs-selected-for-trace/td-p/4123843?dtid=osscdc000283

I have tried workaround from above link and still have issue with collecting logs.

Right, so like David asked as well, what error message/issue/response do you get?

After I select option to collect logs, I am seeing message pop up "No Services/System logs selected for trace collection"

Patrick.LABAU
Level 1
Level 1

To Workaround this:

To use the Trace and Log Central feature, make sure that RTMT can directly access the node or all of the nodes in a cluster.
Make sure that the ip/host information of the Server Node(s) is present in the host file where RTMT Client tool is installed. (Linux - "/etc/hosts" ; Windows - "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" )

Example:
192.168.1.10 FinesseNode1.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode1
192.168.1.13 FinesseNode2.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode2

That worked for my lab instance of VVB 12.5(1) thanks.