Views
Helpful
Replies

VXML Licence and Apps Monitoring

ly_36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I appreciate what I need for this I can see in the status.bat file. But I need to monitor VXML licence usage regularly and ideally also monitor usage of apps in near real time or max in intervals for capacity planning. I know I can get this via SNMP for calls in the call server but it doesn't tell me utilisation of VXML licenses.

Surely (prays deeply) there must be a better way than manually logging into the call server and running status.bat? I'd expect to be able to poll this via SOAP or JMX into monitoring platform such as Solarwinds as it seems SNMP just doesn't have it.

Kind Regards,

Scott.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Scott, 

I usually just look at it via jconsole but I guess you could use JMX to run the MBEANS command

• Call Server JMX port 2098
  • VXML Server JMX port 9696
  • OAMP server JMX port 10001
  • Username and Password = Same as Ops Console login.

For applications it will be under VXML server. 

com.audium.management.mbean.global.GlobalCommand status() will show all active apps and how many calls are active. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi, 

If you are running release 11.6 or later you can get the Maximum number of VRU/ ports consumed in the interval from the License consumption Report. 

Report Name: License Consumption Report

• The total of the maximum agents logged in.
  • The maximum number of the Enterprise agents logged in.
  • The maximum number of the Unified CCE agents logged in.
  • The maximum numbers of the Dialer ports and VRU ports consumed.

There CVP MIB available for active VXML sessions. You can refer to the CISCO-CVP-MIB

Regards,

****Please rate useful posts. 

Thanks, neither of these give me VXML usage though. The stats that are available via the status.bat file aren't in the MIB either. I've tried and am lost as to why it's so hard to source too. 

status.bat delivers this data:

Total Concurrent Callers: 27
License Ports: 222
Available Ports: 195

Application Name Status Active Callers Sessions Ending
------------------------------------------------------------------------
App 1 Running 17 0
App 2 Running 0 0
App 3 Running 0 0
App 4 Running 5 0
App 4 Running 5 0

The most important metrics I want to garner here are "Available Ports" and "Total Concurrent Callers"

I can monitor regular calls through the CVP's call server 3000 ports but specifically getting real-time stats of the VXML sessions seems very difficult. I think I can get them via JConsole to MBeans but would like to know if there's a decent guide out there for connecting JMX for stats because I can't find one

Kind Regards,

Scott

Your best bet may be to use a combination of the CUIC report that was mentioned as well as looking to use something that looks in the VXML log which shows how many sessions/licenses are in use. I believe some people do this by using things like Splunk but haven't done it myself.

Hi There, 

Do you have a CVP reporting server?  there are few summaries and real time tables that gives the concurrent calls (or sessions) per application or overall in a given interval time. 

Please have a look at the CVP reporting server DB schema and if this helps you or not, 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp_12_5/configuration/guide/ccvp_b_1251-reportingguide-cvp/ccvp_b_1251-reportingguide-cvp_chapter_011.html#CCVP_RF_V0B3A6AD_00  

the link already shared by @Ritesh Desai.

Regards, 

Hey Scott, 

I usually just look at it via jconsole but I guess you could use JMX to run the MBEANS command

• Call Server JMX port 2098
  • VXML Server JMX port 9696
  • OAMP server JMX port 10001
  • Username and Password = Same as Ops Console login.

For applications it will be under VXML server. 

com.audium.management.mbean.global.GlobalCommand status() will show all active apps and how many calls are active. 

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @ly_36 

I am unaware of your architecture. Try using below URL if this helps. URL: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp11_6/configuration/guide/ccvp_b_reporting-guide-for-cvp-11-6/ccvp_b_reporting-guide-for-cvp-11-6_chapter_0111.html

If you are using Cisco Contact Center PCCE or UCCE, in CUIC, there is Cisco Stock report called as IVR Ports Performance Historical which can showcase the VXML ports utilized. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_5_1/User/Guide/UCCE_BK_U7CCCCF7_00_ucce-reporting-user-guide/UCCE_BK_U7CCCCF7_00_ucce-reporting-user-guide_chapter_01001.html#CUIC_RF_I5C... 

hope this helps...

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

G_M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By using the below URL you can get 

• The Cisco Unified CVP VXML Server is up and running
    activeCalls=true
    running;activeCalls=12;
    onHoldCalls=3

URL: http://[DOMAIN][:PORT]/CVP/Server?probe=true

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: