Views
Helpful
Replies

wav files deleted - don't know why!

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a new-installed IVR4.5 server, but I am facing with a problem: when the server reboots or shutdowns (suddenly or planned), all the wav file in the folder C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user are deleted. They are the files for our prompts, so when they are deleted, the applications cannot work well.

I'm very confused with this, could anyone give me some troubleshooting guide?

Thanks,

hoanghiep

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think that you have to add the prompts to the Directory. In the AppAdmin web page go to 'Applications' -> 'Prompt Management' and go to the directory where you have the wav files, and click on 'Upload new prompts' and add the prompts that you are going to use in your scripts.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

Hello,

all prompts must be uploaded to the repository as suggested by Juan Luis.

If you just copy/save the prompts on the disk, they will disappear, since CRS does not know about them.

Actually, what you can do is to create a dedicated folder on the CRS server, for instance C:\prompts\app1, where, for instance, prompt1.wav and prompt2.wav will be stored. Then you can use in the script editor the following: Play Prompt FILE["C:\prompts\app1\prompt2.wav"]

Of course, this dedicated folder must be off the CRS install dir (by default, it is C:\Program Files\wfavvid

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think that you have to add the prompts to the Directory. In the AppAdmin web page go to 'Applications' -> 'Prompt Management' and go to the directory where you have the wav files, and click on 'Upload new prompts' and add the prompts that you are going to use in your scripts.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks for your quick reply,

But with another CRS system, I copied the files to the user directory (I did the same way for both systems) and it works well (exist there untill I delete them :) )

By the way, I will try your recomendations with my system.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

hoanghiep

Hello,

all prompts must be uploaded to the repository as suggested by Juan Luis.

If you just copy/save the prompts on the disk, they will disappear, since CRS does not know about them.

Actually, what you can do is to create a dedicated folder on the CRS server, for instance C:\prompts\app1, where, for instance, prompt1.wav and prompt2.wav will be stored. Then you can use in the script editor the following: Play Prompt FILE["C:\prompts\app1\prompt2.wav"]

Of course, this dedicated folder must be off the CRS install dir (by default, it is C:\Program Files\wfavvid

Yes, thanks for your recomendations. They solved my problems.

hoanghiep

With the introduction of the HA (High Availability) in version 4.0, all the prompts are now injected as binaries into the repository (database) and are written on disk for your application. This mecanism is used for replication between two or more CRS servers in case of failure.

If you just copied them to disk without "uploading" them to repository, it will works for your application, but the next time the system will reboot or restart, the CRS will overwrite all prompts on disk by those in the repository.

If was not the case with version prior to 4.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: