Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Service Request using Client Certificate

Frank Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

I am wondering if I could do a Web Service (SOAP) based request using a standard HTTP Post request to a 3rd Party Webservice Server that requires Client side Certificate. I could get a Client Certificate but am not sure if the Finesse Server could or will use it when communicating with the Web Service using a Finesse Workflow.

Any ideas or experinces?

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You could try to install the certificate you need to install on your server. I would try it in development first. Note that Finesse does not allow for wildcard certificates.

You can read more about Client-Side certificates (note the hyphen in the spelling) here...

Cisco Finesse Installation and Upgrade Guide Release 10.5(1) - Initial Configuration [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You could try to install the certificate you need to install on your server. I would try it in development first. Note that Finesse does not allow for wildcard certificates.

You can read more about Client-Side certificates (note the hyphen in the spelling) here...

Cisco Finesse Installation and Upgrade Guide Release 10.5(1) - Initial Configuration [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

Hi

Thanks for the answer so far. Not sure if we talk about the same think here.

What I need to know is to send a HTTPS Post request (from the Finesse Server towards a Web Service) and I need to import a Client-Side Certificate from the WebServices Server into the Finesse Server that must be used when the HTTPS request above should be send.

What you referenced as far as I understand is the process how to import a pot. customer specific Certificate into the Finesse Server and how the Finesse Client should import that one.

I am more looking for a Client Side certificate that the Server uses when executing the Web Service POST request

Frank