Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Services with Finesse 10.5 and UCCE Packaged

Hi, We installed a new Packaged UCCE 10.5 for 20 agents, We need communicate the UCCE with third party through Web Services, it's our first installation and I don't know very well the solution when integrate Web Services.

In the implementation I have Finesse 10.5 for both sides.

Can you help me with any experience or documentation?

I hope your comments.

79 Replies 79

Hi Denise,

There is one question I would like to ask.

We were able to implement our web services using Finesse APIs and PCCE APIs in order to help registering and controlling agent and dialog data in Cisco CCE, but there is one thing that bothers me…

When we register a new agent (user), using PCCE APIs, we assign that agent with the proper info regarding the AgentTeam he/she belongs to, for example, we assign the agent the following team:

<teamId>5000</teamId>

<teamName>Culiacan</teamName>

That team is correctly assigned to the agent, and the agent actually receives the calls routed for that team in his/her extension (because the skillgroup is correctly assigned too),  but when we call the User—Get User  or User—Get List APIs from Finesse to consult the agent’s data, we get the following team data as part of the User (agent):

<teamId>1</teamId>

<teamName>Default</teamName>

Do you know why do we obtain this incorrect team data for the User from Finesse?

Thanks,

Mario

Hi,

The user's team should be reflected with the GET User immediately. It probably means that PCCE isn't sending Finesse the event. I would need to take a look at the Finesse webservices logs to know for sure. Can you reproduce the scenario, note down the times of the add agent and the team assignment and attach the webservices logs.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denisse,

I created a test agent using PCCE API in order to review the log as you suggested. I attach the LOG.PDF file which contains the Finesse log entries that ocurred while the agent was created (NOTE: we asign the agentteam with the PCCE API the moment the agent is created). In this file, I selected in yellow the moment in which the correct agentteam ID is referenced (at the begining), and in light blue are selected the references where the user is "assigned" to team 1 (Default).

For a comparison, I provide the user's profile considering how it is registered the PCCE (PCCE.XML) and Finesse (Finesse.xml) after the create user is done. As far as I see in the log, the agentteam is not correctly assigned in Finesse, but the skillgroup is fine.

I really don't know what is happening here, as you mentioned, I assumed that when the agent was created in PCCE (which happens correctly), Finesse would have the correct data of that agent (which is not happening for the agentteam...)

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Just like you pointed out already, I do see in your logs that Finesse is getting the AgentTeamConfigEvent with the agent listed as being part of the team and also that the team listed in the User object is the default one rather than the one that you assigned it.

Unfortunately my Finesse testbed is in maintenance right now so I am unable to try to reproduce this problem. My suspicion based on the logs is that the AgentTeamConfigEvent is coming BEFORE the new Agent information (CTIConfigBeginEvent) so when the AgentTeamConfigEvent is being processed, it can't find the agent object to assign it to. Would you be able to try something? Can you see what happens if you first create the agent (keep the default team). Do a GET on the agent in Finesse to make sure it is ok. Then assign the agent to the team after. Is the team information correct in this scenario?

Also, what version of Finesse are you using? For some reason, I vaguely remember this being an issue but I'm unable to find any documentation on it. I will search some more.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

You know, after I posted my last reply and checked the log again, I began to think something just like what you mentioned (the AgentTeamConfigEvent happens BEFORE the CTIConfigBeginEvent). I thought it was a bit strange, and believed might be the reason why this is happening. I'm glad to know that my suspicion what on the right track.

At first I thought this could be happening because we were using PCCE APIs instead of the UCCE Administration Web Console, but we already tried registering an agent with the Web Console and the same thing happened. If we assign the agentTeam before we first save the new agent, in Finesse is not shown correctly.

When I came to that conclusion, I did a test of what you are proposing. If we create a new agent using PCCE API, without assigning the agentTeam and save the agent, and later assign the team (after the agent was already created), then the information is correctly shown in Finesse.

Personally I don't like this bug, because we create the agent consuming the PCCE API with our Web Services, so now we have to change our Web Service in order to save the agent first and then update his/her data assigning the agentTeam, which shouldn't be necessary in my opinion because the agentTeam should be assigned in the right order from the beginning when the agent is created.

The Cisco Finesse version we are using is the 10.5.1. It is part of the Packaged CCE.

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario,

It's good to see you had the same suspicion and did the test I proposed. It shows that you are thinking in the right track.

I agree with you that this is a bug. Let me search around some more (and ask the Finesse team) to see if there an existing bug for 10.5. Like I said earlier, my testbed is inoperable right now or else I would check 11.0 and 11.5 to see if it has already been fixed.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mario,

My testbed is up and running now. I only have a UCCE system and attempted to add the agent manually using the Configuration Manager. With the configuration manager, I have to first create the agent, save, then add the agent to the team. I tried to do it as fast as I can with no luck of reproducing.

I don't seem to see this as a bug in the system, so I would like to open one. In order to do so, I need a few more details. In your previous post, you had stated:

we asign the agentteam with the PCCE API the moment the agent is created

I just want to confirm, do you use the create Agent API only to create the agent and assign the team? Was the PCCE.xml file the request body that you used? Or is that body of a GET Agent request?

As a workaround, I think you may need to create the agent and then update the team after.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

My comments:

• The scenario you tested happens when you try to create an agent with the Configuration Manager. With this tool, is more difficult to reproduce the bug that I have mentioned. However, we were able to reproduce it also, because, when you are creating the agent, if you indicate the department, you can also assign the agentTeam before you even do a first save to create the agent. If this happens, then the information in Finesse, for the agentTeam, is not shown correctly. I believe that what I reported is more likely to happen if the CREATE Agent API is used (instead of the Configuration Manager), because with it you can assign the agentTeam from the beginning, and try to save this assignment the moment you first save the agent created. The situation here is, we are forced to use the API because the creation of agents is done with a 3rd. party application, and when that happens, that application consumes our Web Service so we can create the agent in the Contact Center.

• When we use de CREATE Agent API from PCCE, we create the agent, and at the same time assign department, agentTeam, agentDeskSettings, agentAttribute and skillGroup (all of them indicating the corresponding refURL for each concept), doing it all in the same operation. If the agent is a supervisor, we assign the corresponding supervisorUserInfo and supervisorTeams too.

• The PCCE.xml file that I attached in the previous reply is the body of a GET Agent request, obtained from the GET Agent API from PCCE after the agent was created. It is the form to confirm that the agent was correctly registered in PCCE (even if the agentTeam is not correct in Finesse). I attach here an example of an xml that we could send in the CREATE Agent API.

Thanks again,

Mario

Hi,

I forgot to mention... we have already thought of using the workaround you proposed. We believe it is what should be done in this case.

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your comments above and reproducing it with the Configuration Manager. I will definitely open a bug for it (if one isn't already opened)

It is wonderful to see that in the ~6 months, you went from not knowing much about these two products to what you know now.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mario,

The issue that you faced is fixed in Fixed in 10.5(2) and 11.0(1). So if you are able to upgrade, then you do not need to use the workaround. If not, continue to use the workaround.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise.

Thank you for you notification. I believe I heard somewhere that this issue was fixed in latest versions, althought I don't remember where or when. Good to have a confirmation of this, for future reference.

Unfortunately, as PCCE is already implemented, and becuase we have faced some issues before with one upgrade, we decided to do the workaround instead, because it was quicker and it actually worked.

We already used the workaround in our Web Services, so I believe the problem is now solved for us.

Again thank you very much for your help.

Mario

Hi Denise,

I hope you can help us with something...

Our client reported that there have been issues while trying to do a LOGOUT with the agents connected to the Contact Center, but that even after doing the logout process in the third-party application (integrated to Contact Center with our web services), the extension keeps receiving calls, as if the logout was not completed.

I have been reviewing the logs from Finesse and encountered that apparently this happens because when there is an attempt to logout, an error of the kind CF_INVALID_PASSWORD_SPECIFIED occurs... and after 5 seconds of this error, another error of the kind CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE occurs... I'm not really sure if both errors are related somehow, because sometimes only the CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE happens...

The CF_INVALID_PASSWORD_SPECIFIED makes no sense to me because the password was created by code in our web service (at the moment the agent is created) and the agent can't change it, and it's the same used the moment he/she did the LOGIN, so I don't really know what could cause this...

I don't know what could cause the CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE either. I've been looking for info on the matter but it's not clear what circumstances provoke that error.

I attach an example from the log with an extract of when both errors happen.

Thank you so much in advance for your advice,

Mario

Hi Mario,

In the future, can you start a new thread for each topic? This one is getting out of hand as its is already 6 pages long.

The CF_* errors are a pass through that comes from P/CCE . Take a look at the CCE CTI server guide for more details: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cti-protocol/documentation/

According to the doc, CF_INVALID_PASSWORD_SPECIFIED's description is: The request specified an invalid agent password. CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE is "The object is in the incorrect state for the request"

In the logs that you provided, the CF_INVALID_PASSWORD_SPECIFIED was actually when the agent is trying to change the state to NOT_READY. Googling this error pointed me to a few support pages where it said that the UCCE password is not in sync, so is the UCCE AWDB in a stable state?

What was the agent's state before attempting these changes? For the logout one wher eyou are getting CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE, it is probably not in a valid agent state transition since the NOT_READY request failed.

Thanx,

Denise

HI Denise,

You're right, I'm sorry, I will open new threads for future topics.

Thanks again for your help. We couldn't actually confirm the problem reported, although we keep having some trouble with the LOGOUT process specially, because sometimes it takes up to 4 or 5 seconds to complete. I'm not sure why because I'm checking Finesse logs and find that in some moments during this process, Finesse doesn't register anything in the log for about 2 seconds...

I will open a thread for this... hope someone can tell me what could be happening.

Thanks again,

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: