cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the major differences between UCCX v7 and v8.0.2

Brett Hanson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a matrix or document which shows the major differences between UCCX v7 and v8.0.2?

I have looked high and low, even searched this forum, but have not found anything.

I've even looked at release notes in 8.0.2 but couldn't see anywhere that states the changes.

Any help appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brett,

Please see the following link for UCCX product data sheets. These will have the features for each version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_data_sheets_list.html

Regards

Joe

View solution in original post

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

The biggest difference of course is the move to a Linux Appliance OS.

You also have to ensure your prompts/docs etc are loaded properly via appadmin as you can no longer reference direct locations on the hard drive.

There is no direct SQL read/write access to the DB, but you can get remote ODBC connectivity via informix drivers and the uccxhruser.

HAoWAN.

Virtualisation, but thats from 8.5 I think.--EDIT--8.5 was for support of later UCS platforms, but 8.0(2) is supported on older versions.

Probably loads of other minor differences I haven't even mentioned.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brett,

Please see the following link for UCCX product data sheets. These will have the features for each version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_data_sheets_list.html

Regards

Joe

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

The biggest difference of course is the move to a Linux Appliance OS.

You also have to ensure your prompts/docs etc are loaded properly via appadmin as you can no longer reference direct locations on the hard drive.

There is no direct SQL read/write access to the DB, but you can get remote ODBC connectivity via informix drivers and the uccxhruser.

HAoWAN.

Virtualisation, but thats from 8.5 I think.--EDIT--8.5 was for support of later UCS platforms, but 8.0(2) is supported on older versions.

Probably loads of other minor differences I haven't even mentioned.

Hi,

I have awarded you both with the 'correct answer'.

I went through, painstakingly, the documents I was linked to above and compared.

In the end the major differences are pretty much what you have outlined here - which is exactly what I wanted.

Thank you both very much.

Cheers,

Brett

PS: Here are the obvious differences I found going thru the documentation I was linked to... (pretty much what you said)

FeatureV7V8
High   Availability over the WAN (HAoWAN)NoYes
Available in   an Appliance ModelNoYes
Read-only access to Cisco Unified Contact Center Express   database (Informix) with JDBC, ODBC, or Structured Query Language (SQL)NoYes
System   Software ConfigurationMS Windows Server   2003Cisco Media   Convergence Appliance Software
System   Software Configuration (client)XP and VistaXP, Vista, and Win7
System   Software Configuration (browser based client software)NoCAD and Workforce   Management
System   Software Configuration (Web 2.0 based client software)NoQM and AQM
Operating   SystemCisco OEM Windows   Server 2003Cisco Voice OS
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: