Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Determines the Number of IVR ports

What determines the number of IVR ports on a UCCX?  Not how many you need, but how many show up?   I cant seem to find this as a license issue, or a configuration option.  Some documents suggest it is based on the Server Size  and that it configures itself automatically?  I have several systems all the same server configuration and version, but they have a different number of IVR ports?   I thought all UCCX come with 300 IVR ports?

6 Replies 6

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

I really all depends on the Licenses of the box, are the all the same. 2 ports per License. Also Premium Licenses unlock all of the ports. (I have been told this anyway)

Are you suggesting that if I have 25 Agents I will be configured with 50 IVR ports?  This would mean that the number of licence seats determines how many IVR ports I have?  

Yes for the standard Lic its a 2 for 1, but if you have premium that Lic unlocks all of the ports(so I have heard).  I cannot find the supporting link, If I find it I will post it.

I currently have 170 Standard Licenses, my box has a total of 300 ports, which is the MAX for my MCS.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX Standard and Enhanced licensing "unlock" all the ports that your server hardware can handle.  Today, the most that can be is 400 on a UCS with the 400 Agent OVA.

UCCX Premium licensing on the other hand is a 2-to-1 Port-to-Agent ratio.  So if you bought 10 Premium Agent Seats, you would get 20 Premium ports.  Today, the most that can be is still 400 on a UCS with the 400 Agent OVA.  So if you bought 200 Premium Agent Seats, you would get 400 Premium ports.  However, if you bought 201 Premium Agent seats, you would still only get 400 Pemium ports.  That is because 400 ports is the current limit no matter what.

The limits are listed in the SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/design/guide/UCCX_BK_C39FDB35_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_appendix_0111.html

One last thing to note!  How many ports you can have as described above, is not the same thing as how many ports your can configure in UCCX!  You can under or over subscribe your CTI Ports.  It's your choice, but know that the License Manager will enforce the license.  E.g., You can build 800 CTI Ports on a 400 Agent OVA of UCCX Premium, but you will only ever have 400 active calls.  That 401st call will fail.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

The Local CISCO Sales Engineer agrees with what Anthony seems to be suggesting.  When you purchase a UCCX you get access to 300 IVR ports.   The size of your server (class of server) will determine how many ports are configured during the installation.  Premium gives you two ports for a maximum of 400 ports. 

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http://blog.drvoip.com

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

Peter Buswell wrote:

When you purchase a UCCX you get access to 300 IVR ports.

Actually the new maximum with 8.5 is 400 ports.  So if you have the 400 Agent OVA and Standard or Enhanced licensing you get 400 ports.

Peter Buswell wrote:

The size of your server (class of server) will determine how many ports are configured during the installation.

Small wording correction: ports are not configured during installation, and you can configure more or less ports than what you are licensed to use.  See my earlier comment about over and under subscribing ports.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.