cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happened to Cisco Mobile Supervisor? No longer in app store.

Mark Lyman
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Mobile Supervisor is no longer in the app store.  Is there a reason?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I hadn't noticed... I've shown this a few customers but no one used it. Too limited.

What features did you like about it?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This stinks. I mainly used it for troubleshooting. Was really handy!

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

no reason. It was killed silently.

If you take a look at the UCCX comp matrix, for instance, for UCCX 9.0(1), there's the following note:

Note: The Cisco Mobile Supervisor application is withdrawn from the Cisco App Store. Cisco does not provide support for Cisco Mobile Supervisor deployments.

A wild theory of mine follows: that application was actually a one-man-show. A toy to be shown on product demos, a piece of art, never understood. I actually liked it, although it was somewhat limited as Aaron has pointed out bellow. I guess the original creator of the application waved goodbye to Cisco plus now that "everything is on the web" (ie. it's easier to create a web application than to maintain a "fat" client) Cisco did not have the reason why they should keep it any longer.

If there's a CCBU person lurking around here, could you please comment on this.

G.

Definitely sounds like a good theory... I'm working on a replacement of sorts at the moment, but with a few more use cases... and it wouldn't be IOS based.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!