Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between Release and End nodes in ICM Script

4rajnivashisht
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

just want to understand the difference between Release and End Node in ICM Script.

>> i mean what will happen if i will put the release node instead of end node or vice versa...

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

4 Replies 4

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Release Node:

used mainly for Overflow conditions initially, which means before announcement or Music or ring back played to the caller,  If used This Node will send a busy tone to caller for 30 secs

End Node:

Check for Default Routing

Sends a Dialog Fails message to the routing client (if there is no default label)

Thanks

Hari.Sivaji

For a call coming in from the PSTN that is under the control of survivability which then encounters an error, the End node is probably the best thing to use as the failed route (as Hari implies, this will be seen in the Router Log Viewer as a failure) goes back to the ingress gateway and survivability handles it, typically playing "critical_error.wav".

For a call coming in from the UCM routing client, an error should probably just Release the call.

The Release node is a perfectly valid node to use when there is no error - say the contact center is closed and you play the closed message. Then use the Release node to drop the call. On this point I disagree with Hari - no busy tone is sent. The call simply ends. There is no error, so don't use an End node.

The job of the Router (and therefore the Routing Script) is to return a label to the Routing Client. If you use an End node, you have essentially failed the route. If you use a Release you have not failed the route, even though you did not return a label to the Routing Client.

Regards,
Geoff

Hi Geoff

Yes you are correct

There will not be busy tone..i have tested and verified in many scripts

But, can you please clarify this below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_0_1/User/Guide/UCCE_BK_S09E5905_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide/UCCE_BK_S09E5905_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide_chapter_01011.html#CCMP_RF_RB2E41FA_00

The call is given busy tone for 30 seconds before it is disconnected on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Hari,

Use the Release Call node for initial overflow conditions. It is supported as a post route from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Do not use this node if the call has already received ringback tone or announcements or music. The call is given busy tone for 30 seconds before it is disconnected on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. No answer supervision is returned for this call because it is not connected to a CTI port. This means that no charges will be accrued for this call.

To be honest I have never read that before, and I have no idea what it means.

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: