Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the different between publisher and subscriber in CCM

darknight852
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Can any body tell me what is the different between publisher and subscriber in CCM – Cisco Call Manager – and what is the function for each one ?? because we have two servers One publisher and another one is subscribe till now I do not know what is the Function for each one of them ??

And another question : I found in the ICM manuals they are talked about ACD and PG’s function is Connecting ACD to ICM , now what dose ACD mean ? and if we have CCM in this case CCM will be ACD ??

Thanks Alot

3 Replies 3

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hi.

the publisher holds the data, and replicates it to the subscriber(s). changes are made ONLY to the publisher database, which means, if the publisher is down, you cannot add phones etc.

acd means "automatic call distribution", a technique for letting a machine decide, based on several parameters, to whom the call will be connected.

hope this helps.

greets,

gerhard

Thanks , but dose that Mean ACD = PBX ?? and can we consider CCM as ACD ??

The Publisher replicates all of its settings to the subscribers. CM doesn't not perform ACD, which is why you use IPCC of some flavor. ACD allows distribution of calls based on different criteria such as longest idle line, or based on "skills", etc. The CM would be equal to your PBX. The ACD would be an application running on the PBX or IPCC servers.

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: