jdickinson
Level 5
Level 5
7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I've never attempted to put audio in a gadget, so I don't know. The best thing you can do is just try it out!

Thanx,

Denise

I would, but when I hit the link above, message is.

description:

The requested resource is not available.

Do I need to update a mime type somewhere?

I am going to let the community answer this because I have no experience adding audio to the gadget. So unfortunately I cannot answer your question.

Hi All, this was really helpful. I used my own webserver for this and getting the mp3 file to play is easy. Now the question is this! is there a way to port the mp3 over to the phone instead of the computer?

Hi Joe,

Can you explain further on hoe exactly you want it to play over the phone instead of the computer?

Do you want it to play to only the agent? When? Does the agent click a button on the Finesse gadget and it plays?

Or, do you want it to play to the customer? For music on hold? Before the agent answers?

Thanx,

Denise

We have VDI's and the headset is plugged into the phone.

When the agent answers a call, the gadget now plays a computer audio file based on the type of call or info in the call variables.

Since in our setup there is no audio device except for the phone headset cp8851 phone, is it possible to port these alerts somehow into the headset from the computer or some other way. Maybe even a ringtone?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Hm. To be honest, I don't have any experience with this use case. It is a valid one, but just never researched it.

I will say that Finesse doesn't have any direct control of the phone itself. That would be all CUCM. So maybe there is something on the CUCM side that can change the ringtone?

Sorry, that is all I can contribute to your question.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: