cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the clk in the header of UCCE mdsproc - (InSvc Pr-Enb Clk)?

freymatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

on a UCCE 8.0.2 System we have the message "mdsproc - (InSvc Pr-Enb Clk)" in the header. On another System with the same version we have the same message without the clk. Wich one is the correct one?

Thanks for your help,

Matthias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm guessing it has to do with the system clock synchronization. I know that mds uses a "smooth" process in that it gradually adjusts the time in increments (I think 10%) when there is a discrepancy. However, I couldn't find anything to say what clk means. I'd like to know whether clk means it's in the process of syncing, or if it means that it's already in sync and the absence of the tag means it's in the process of syncing. Or I could be wrong altogether....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Good question had never noticed it before.  Looking at my environment I have one PG without it and one with it, looking at the logs I can't see any reference to it.  The only thing I can think of is that one PG the one with the clk has been idle for days, while the other one has gone up and down recently.  Maybe someone from Cisco can chime in.

david

We have now the answer. It's always only one mds on a server defined as "Master Clock". If there are more than one mds-process on a server (e.g. pg one and two), then only one is the master clock for the UCCE - system. This one is marked with the clk - sign in the headerline of the process window.

From the SRND Guide about the Master Clock:

The enabled synchronizer sets the ordering of input messages to the router and also maintains the master clock for the Unified CCE system.

I'm guessing it has to do with the system clock synchronization. I know that mds uses a "smooth" process in that it gradually adjusts the time in increments (I think 10%) when there is a discrepancy. However, I couldn't find anything to say what clk means. I'd like to know whether clk means it's in the process of syncing, or if it means that it's already in sync and the absence of the tag means it's in the process of syncing. Or I could be wrong altogether....

freymatt
Level 1
Level 1

We have now the answer. It's  always only one mds on a server defined as "Master Clock". If there are  more than one mds-process on a server (e.g. pg one and two), then only  one is the master clock for the UCCE - system. This one is marked with  the clk - sign in the headerline of the process window.

From the SRND Guide about the Master Clock:

The  enabled synchronizer sets the ordering of input messages to the router  and also maintains the master clock for the Unified CCE system.