Views
Helpful
Replies

Whisper Coaching on Jabber - Customer can hear Supervisor

liam123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Java web application Finesse gadget where the Supervisor can initiate Silent Monitoring, Whisper Coaching and Conference (Call Barge replacement) through JTAPI. I have configured Supervisor and Agent's IP Phones (desk phones) on CUCM. Silent Monitoring, Whisper Coaching and Conference are working perfectly fine.

Then I re-configured the Supervisor and Agent to use Jabbers instead of desk phones. Silent Monitoring and Conference are working but Whisper Coaching is not. The customer (PSTN) who is in the call with the Agent can hear the Supervisor on Whisper Coaching mode.

Has anyone experience this or any solution for this?

Thank you!

- Liam

8 Replies 8

You didn't say which version, but some (potentially older) versions of Jabber do not support it, here's a link about it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01110.html

So maybe confirm your version does for the first step?

I'm using Jabber 12.7

It isn't supported in 12.7 either per the document.

• You can use silent monitoring and call recording functionality only. Jabber doesn’t support other functionality such as barging or whisper coaching

Here's the link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_7/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-127/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-127_chapter_0100.html#reference_6593FBAC29C21F27B64439EFB7614297

I just did a quick look and it doesn't appear to be in 12.8 either.

Is Cisco planning to address this issue in future release? 

Thanks

Hi, 

I believe this has been addressed in the Jabber release 12.9. Please find the release notes of Jabber 12.9 

image.png

Regards,

Shalid 

**** Rate the post if you find it useful 

Hi Shalid,

Thank you for the update! I have tested Whisper Coaching using Jabber Release 12.9 with the parameter "Call_Center_Audio_Enhance_Mode" enabled and the test result indicates the supervisor and the customer still can hear each other.

Hi, just out of curiosity, have you tried this yourself? Is it something as basic as the microphone input not set up correctly so that the customer is hearing other background noise, not just the whisper coaching? For instance, if you use whisper on the inbound call (not whisper coaching) does the customer hear that as well?

seems to be working OK when supervisor jabber version is 14

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: