Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whisper Coaching

Hi,

I have to implement the functionality of whispering in my supervisor application.

I have already managed to run the Silent Monitoring of the call, but not the whispering.

The developer guide does not mention anything about the whispering and so I turned to you.

What are the steps to follow to start the whispering of the call?

I have to use the method SuperviseCall as the silent monitoring?

Thank you,

Gianni

14 Replies 14

jalundy
Level 5
Level 5

Giovan, Whisper Coaching is not a feature of UCCE.

Jim

You got the way somehow to start Whispering on CUCM?

vlbatist
Level 1
Level 1

Giovan, I know Cisco WFO (Calabrio for CCX) basic compliance recording does include whisper coaching as a feature to CCX environment. Not sure if this Calabrio feature would apply to CCE, but my guess would be yes. At least, a place to start.

ayush.shyam
Level 1
Level 1

Now i also able to start whispering with agent. But not with agent and customer both!

Any help will be appreciated.

venchalam
Level 1
Level 1

The whisper coaching application is TAPI application to monitor call event and initiate monitor / coach request to the agent’s call from a supervisor phone.  This is done by using Cisco TAPI.

Phone Model: Cisco 7941 and Above.

CM: 9.1.2

Try using Cisco TAPI which allow us to place whisper call.

This feature can also be accomplish by using JTAPI.  I already able to do Silent Monitoring and Whispering with Agent. Can you please help me how to start Whispering with Customer and Agent both?

Ayush, Whisper Coaching is from the Supervisor to the Agent, and the customer does not hear.

If the Supervisor is monitoring a call, and decides to join the call, this feature is usually called Barge-In.

Thanks for your reply!

I have found one cisco document where it was mentioned that Cisco provides 3 kind of monitoring.

1- Silent Monitoring

2- Whisper/Coaching Monitoring

3- Active Monitoring

And in this last one Supervisor can talk with agent and customer both.

But I am not able to find anything related to it!

Are you sure it was a Cisco document? I don't recognise that wording like coming from Cisco.

Can you paste the link for the document?

Yes it is a Cisco document or may be better to say Cisco's content.

Here is the link!

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 9.1(1) - Monitoring and Recording [Cisco Unifi…

But unfortunately I am not able to find anything related to this!

For your reference I also added the screenshot, to highlight where it's mentioned!

Thanks

Capture.JPG

You may want to post in this community since it's DEVNET focused but as u can see similar thread and it didn't go anywhere

Re: Finesse Whisper coaching using JS/REST

The other site is this https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/

Hello Srinivasan,

It's not similar thread. Way of starting Monitoring and Coaching with Finesse is somehow different and with direct CUCM is different.

Thanks

Ayush

can you go through steps you took to accomplish this?

thank you

Stanley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: