Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 compatibility check for Cisco UCCX Script Editor v8.5

Dear Team,

Good Day! We are from CITI Application Readiness Team, need your assistance in order to gather info about application compatibility and support for Windows 10. We would like to know whether the below application is compatible and supported for Win 10 (64 Bit). If you haven't tested , could you please provide us a tentative date of when we can reach you .

Applications Name : Cisco UCCX Script Editor v8.5

If the above version is not compatible with Windows 10. Then do we have any higher version/replacement which compatible with Windows 10.

Thanks in Advance

Rajeshwari Ramteke

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCCX Script Editor v8.5 is not supported on Windows 10 and there are no plans either to make it supported in future. Starting version 11.5 UCCX, you can use CCX Editor on windows 10. Refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_11.5(1)#Client_Operating_System

Regards

Deepak

Joseph Thvedt
Level 1
Level 1

For what it's worth, version 10.6 works for me in Windows 10 64-bit, even though it's not officially supported. I had to run the installer as administrator, and with compatibility mode set to Windows 7. Once installed, I have compatibility mode set to Windows 7, but I don't have to run it as administrator.

I don't have version 8.5, but it might be worth trying those same settings.

I also find it desirable to check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checkbox. If unchecked, the editor appears fuzzy. With that option checked, it's sharp, if a little small. If you don't have a high-res monitor, it probably doesn't matter.

Keep in mind one thing about the running as admin part. You have to be logged in as admin for this to work. 

For example-

I have a regular user account and an admin account. If I run as admin while being logged into the regular user account, and then input the admin credentials, it will not work. You have to be logged into the computer as an admin, and then run the installer as admin as well. 

For installing on Windows 10, have used these instructions many times and never had problems with running the editor once installed.

1) Before starting the installation, create a directory C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX (editor version)

2) Log into the laptop / PC with adminstrator account

3) Right-click the installation file and select ‘Properties’.

4) Click the ‘Compatibility’ tab.

5) Check the box next to ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select ‘Windows 7’ from the drop-down menu.

6) Click ‘Apply’.

7) Run the installation as administrator.

8) When prompted , change the installation folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX directory you created earlier.