cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Workflows without Finesse Browser

gpworld
Level 1
Level 1

We are developing a custom CTI application that agents log into so they do not need to login to Finesse browser.  On testing I have noticed that I cannot trigger workflows (they are http requests 'OTHER' that all work when the user is logged into finesse browser).  Is this not possible or am i missing something simple?

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you saying that you are building a custom agent desktop instead of using the Finesse out of the box agent desktop? Also, you said CTI application, you mean using the Finesse REST API and not the CTI Server protocol right? Also, what do you mean when you say "I cannot trigger workflows"? What are you doing to execute them? The Finesse desktop is the one who executes the workflows, so if you are building a custom desktop, you will need to do the work to execute them.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise thanks for responding to my post. So we are doing the UCCX piece and another person is doing the CTI piece for a client. They have built the interface (REST CTI) for the customer CRM. The Desktop that the customer accesses the cloud CRM on is on an isolated network from their phones/UCCX/UCM. The CRM integration / CTI server has an SSL connection back through the firewall where the UCM/UCCX sits. Everything works if you are logged into Finesse browser. We can also, through the REST API login via the new interface (which then logs us out of Finesse Browser … as it should) but then workflows do not work. So therein lies the question … how can I get those same workflows to trigger?

Hi,

This custom application would have to execute the workflow if it is applicable. I don't know the exact logic behind the workflow engine for the Finesse desktop, but I think it uses the GET Workflows API to get the list of workflows. Then, every time a dialog event comes in, it checks if the criteria match. If it does, it executes the workflow, if it doesn't, it does nothing.

Thanx,

Denise

Ok so quick question, having not tried it (or used it for some time) ... are work flows triggered via Finesse Phone agent?  If so I could probably use that in the interim as a solution.

I don't believe workflows are triggered with the Finesse phone agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: