cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WorkflowScreenPop Enhancement to Manage tabs

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

I've been trying to tweak the 10.5 WorkflowScreenPop example but not having much luck.

The current behavior of the gadget is to create a tab based on the Window Name of the workflow screen pop.   This means that for all screenpops triggered by the same workflow, the same tab is reused.

The agents do not want to reuse tabs, because they may need to wrap up the data about the previous call after the next call rings in.

I would like to see if we can pop a new tab for each workflow event, then have an 'X' or 'close' button on the tab for the agent to manage/close tabs when they are no longer needed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the changes to make this happen or any other way to accomplish this?   Screenpopping into the same tab just won't work in my current requirement.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

This is very possible, but will take some more advanced work.  First, you will have to change the coded to always generate a new Tab for every Pop.  Maybe if you use the Dialog ID or something, then at least the Pop would be unique to a given Call instead of absolutely opening each time.

As for adding a close, the Gadget uses Bootstrap Tabs.  I Googled and found this: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Good luck!

g.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

This is very possible, but will take some more advanced work.  First, you will have to change the coded to always generate a new Tab for every Pop.  Maybe if you use the Dialog ID or something, then at least the Pop would be unique to a given Call instead of absolutely opening each time.

As for adding a close, the Gadget uses Bootstrap Tabs.  I Googled and found this: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Good luck!

g.

Hi Michael -

I managed to get the tabs to close - but workflow on new call arrives  will pop up all tabs Again ?

Michael Miu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've been having some difficulties with the 10.5 workflow screen pop sample gadget.  Hoping to confirm something with you.  Text file states to include files:

bootstrap/2.3.2/css/bootstrap.min.css

bootstrap/2.3.2/js/bootstrap.min.js

On the finesse server, under 3rdpartygadget/files folder, do I need to also create the bootstrap/2.3.2/css and js subfolders?  Or just upload the bootstrap.min.css and bootstrap.min.js files straight to the files folder?

Thanks,

M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: