Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrap up code is not getting prompt for agent1 if the call is transfer to agent2

hari chandran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to know something infromation regarding the Wrap Up code in ICM 8.x,  If an agent1 is transferred a call a customer inbound call to agent2 and agent2 services the call and complete the call also prompted for selecting the wrap up code.

The challenge is the agent1 one is not getting the wrap up code,

• Please letme know what is the cause for this.
  • If this is a configuration error please let me know the steps to change it
  • The objective is that both the agents need to get the wrap up data for generating call disposition records.

Also please let me know if this is possible when we customize a CTI appliction for agent desktop.

regards,

Hariharasudan

5 Replies 5

Javier Aparicio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hariharasudan,

I have two questions:

1.- How do your agents connect to the system? Hardphone, softphone, finesse, agent desktop, ...?

2.- Is it a warm or cold transfer?

Best,

Javi

Hi Javi,

Answer1. Thy use CTI toolkit for desktop and hard phones for calls

Answer2. I'm not sure its cold/ warm transfer, requesting you to help me on both perspective. I will let you know that soon but Please assume in both the transfers as of now.

Also please let me know if this is possible when we customize a CTI appliction for agent desktop

regards,

Hariharasudan

Hi Hariharasudan,

Taken from CTIOS Agent Desktop Toolkit 7.2* User Guide: It is not possible to enter (WrapUp) data following a completed transfer or a conference call that has been hung up, because the call is not only cleared but also completely ended. If you wish to enter wrapup data for a call to be transferred or for a conferenced call, you must do so while the call is in progress by double clicking the Wrapup column for the call in the Call Information section.

Taken from Wiki, the difference between cold/warm transfer is:

Warm transfer: In this type of transfer, the call centre operator dials a number and talks to the person who has picked up the call before transferring the caller over to them. This could also be a 3-way conference before the call centre operator drops-off.

Cold transfer: This transfer is in reality not a transfer, but a pass-on of information for the caller to call a particular number after they hang up the current call.

Best,

Javi

* Version 8.5 says the same. Even Finesse 10 says the same about WrapUp reasons: "You cannot enter a wrap-up reason after you transfer a call. If you want to enter a wrap-up reason for a call you transfer, you must select the wrap-up reason while the call is in progress."

Javi,

I've typically seen a Cold Transfer being defined as the single-step transfer... where the agent transfers the caller directly to another number without talking to the person on the other end.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Almost... "A blind transfer (also known as Cold Transfer) is one in which the transferring extension connects the caller to a destination extension before ringback begins". But it's just a hint. To have an idea I guess it's more than enough with the approach you gave.

Best,

Javi