Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Write a file with a script on UCCX 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to collect the data (4 digits) entered by the user in a file and tried to create file and write document but did not record anything ... Anyone know in what way you can record a. Txt with these data.

Thanks

27 Replies 27

Hmm. I am not sure I can understand.

About loading-appending-writing a file: the key is to fully load the file using the Cache Document step. Like this:

G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you very much !!! By the moment is a very good solution and really work.  

Okay, I am glad it works. If it saved you some work and time, then please consider buying me a book. My Amazon wish list is available in my profile details.

G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I follow your whish list..... crack

Hi Gergely,

We have somewhat similar requirement, however i am trying to have txt file in repo.

Request : User would call the script, Script will ask for PIN. Get the PIN from user.
Collect the data(calling number, pin, date, time) in txt file.

Only concern with my script is, it doesn't retain the old data. It overwrites the data in txt file.
If i check mark "no overwrite", script doesnt upload the new data.
UCCX version : 11.6, attached rhe script snippet

Can i know how can i avoid overwrite the data.

Regards

Shri

As a workaround you can create and save a separate txt file for each call in the script. In order to do it you have to construct the name of the file dynamically:

1. Create a string variable fileName = ""
2. Set the value of this variable somewhere in your script with a Set step for example as
fileName = CallingNumber + date + time
3. Then use the variable fileName in the Upload step to create a unique txt file for each call

FileName.png

Yes, you will have many txt files in this case, but at least you can satisfy your requirement. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Thanks Dmytro for the response. We explored that solution as well, however client would like to have all the data in one text file.

Any more suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi @Shri2

All right, did you already try Cache Document step as it was shown previously in this post? Didn't it help you? 

Hi Dmytro, Cache document step comes after "create file document" step... However create file document step is for older uccx, as it writes the file in drive.. Newer uccx is of linux.

Hi @Shri2 ,

In the newer UCCX (Linux based) Cache Document step works as well. I will provide you a solution in 30 minutes for this. 

Thanks Dmytro, yes i did try with cache, it worked fine.

So you solved your problem, right? I also made a sample script in UCCX, and it adds new rows to the existing txt file. 

@Shri2 - Next time, please don't resurrect a NINE year old thread.

Please start a new thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: