cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Write Document Step in UCCX 8.5

gpworld
Level 1
Level 1

I am at the last piece to my puzzle in a script.  I use an XML template to transform the document.  I cannot for the life of me get the write document to work.  I keep getting "java.io.FilePermission" error when I debug the script.  Anyone enlighten me as to what has changed (beside that its an appliance now).  I am figuring I am either referencing the file name and/or location incorrectly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello gpworld and JMC,

The java.io.FilePermission is received because you are trying to write a document in a folder in which you don't have permission. In UCCX 8.0 and 8.5 the only place you have permission to write files is the Customer folder: /opt/cisco/uccx/Customer.

So you need to put this path in the Write Document step:

A similar thing can be done with an XML document.

You can check if the files in the Customer folder with this CLI command:

admin:file uccx list custom_file *

And use an SFTP server to retrieve the files:

admin:file uccx get custom_file

HTH

Pablo

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jmcburnett
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.. I have a TAC case open..It worked in 8.0  but is broke in 8.5

Would love to know what the fix / problem is.  Please post solution when TAC or yourself has figured this one out.

Thanks in advance!

Hello gpworld and JMC,

The java.io.FilePermission is received because you are trying to write a document in a folder in which you don't have permission. In UCCX 8.0 and 8.5 the only place you have permission to write files is the Customer folder: /opt/cisco/uccx/Customer.

So you need to put this path in the Write Document step:

A similar thing can be done with an XML document.

You can check if the files in the Customer folder with this CLI command:

admin:file uccx list custom_file *

And use an SFTP server to retrieve the files:

admin:file uccx get custom_file

HTH

Pablo

Thanks!

Just need to re-think how I do things.  That worked like a charm.  I am determining whether I am better off uploading the file via Upload Document.  Regardless, I now have a working solution using your comments.  Much appreciated.

G

Awesome news! Just remember that if you want to use the Upload Document you need to use the Authenticate user before that.

Cheers,

Pablo

Interesting note---

I took the script I had problems with.. and used the EXACT script on an 8.5 SU1 lab box and it works fine...

TAC told me that 8.5 had a bug and the java error was solved in 8.5SU1.

The bug was fixed in 8.0(3) but did not make it into 8.5 base.

It was bug ID CSCtn46871

Jim

Hi Pablo,

I am also working on wrting an XML file from my script.Hence i followed suggestion by you to write it in Customer folder: /opt/cisco/uccx/Customer folder

But how do I read the modified XML file again what I mean is "Create XML document" node is not supporting to pull the file from a specific location (i.e. Customer folder: /opt/cisco/uccx/Customer.)and "Create file document" dosen't work in UCCX ver 8.0.

Please help me.

Regards

Amit Prasad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: