Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP Dialog notification feed subscription

Adinath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a bunch of agents for which we need to monitor the CTI events.
As described in subscription-management , we already get notifications for the agent we use to connect to notification service. But we can also subscribe to other agents for getting their notifications.

I connected to XMPP notification service as Agent001 and subscribed to another agent (Agent002) using the notification feed /finesse/api/User/Agent002/Dialogs. This worked and I was able to get Dialog notifications for Agent001 and Agent002.

I want to know what is the recommended way to get notifications for multiple agents :
Do we create a per agent connection to the notification service ?

OR
A single agent can subscribe to multiple notification feeds ? If yes then is there a limit on the number of notification feeds one agent can subscribe to ?

Best Regards,

Adinath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

realexan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Adinath,

Sorry for the late response. There are no such users at the moment, who can subscribe to the events for all the users. A supervisor will only be to subscribe to events for the agents in the teams that are supervised by the supervisor.

Though there are released versions that support the subscription of events of other users using the credentials of any user, that is going to be blocked, as I mentioned earlier.

You can raise a feature request with the Cisco AM for adding a way in Finesse to create users who can subscribe to events of agents across teams.

Regards,

Renjith

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

realexan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Adinath,

I wouldn't recommend you subscribe to other agents' nodes using one agent's credentials. This is blocked in the latest Finesse release due to obvious security reasons. You can however use the supervisor's credentials to subscribe to agent's nodes that the supervisor supervises.

Regards,

Renjith

Hi @realexan,

Is there a way to create a user on Finesse which can subscribe to all agents ? (Like an Admin user)

Or using the supervisor for that particular agent is the only way here? Can supervisor of Agent-A subscribe to another agent not supervised by it ?

Best Regards,

Adinath

realexan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Adinath,

Sorry for the late response. There are no such users at the moment, who can subscribe to the events for all the users. A supervisor will only be to subscribe to events for the agents in the teams that are supervised by the supervisor.

Though there are released versions that support the subscription of events of other users using the credentials of any user, that is going to be blocked, as I mentioned earlier.

You can raise a feature request with the Cisco AM for adding a way in Finesse to create users who can subscribe to events of agents across teams.

Regards,

Renjith

Thanks for the information.

Best Regards,

Adinath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: