cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP getting disconnected every couple of minutes

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm using Matrix.vNext to connect to Finesse using XMPP. My code is working just fine with UCCX 11.5 - I can subscribe for my agents, and get update on their readyness. The connection stays up forever unless there's a connectivity problem or a problem on UCCX. Now I'm targetting UCCX 12.6, and I'm suddenly getting disconnected every couple of minutes.

I had some trouble with the encryption by default on 12.6, so I did enabled unencrypted access on port 5222 which allowed me to connect. I activated packet logging, and I'm seeing pings from UCCX - something I'm not seeing on 11.5.

So I'm wondering, is there something I need to do on 12.6 that I didn't need to do on 11.5 to keep the connection alive?

@edit: I've been looking at the logs a little closer, and I'm seeing a pattern: I get a ping, then 30 seconds later, I get cut. And it repeats. So I think the server expects some kind of response or activity from me.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't think this ever changed, but the Finesse Notification Service expects to get a heartbeat to keep the connection alive.

The Finesse Notification Service did get upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.3.2 in 12.0 (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_0_1/Release/Guide/ucce_b_120_release-notes/ucce_b_120_release-notes_chapter_0101.html#topic_9F2464F87D4DE8544141F63E1B752B67), so maybe even though it was always expected in previous releases, it might not have been working right and didn't disconnect.

Thanx,

Denise

Well, it definitely changed... I've never had to do anything WRT pings in UC10.5 and 11.5. Now all I need is from my lib vendor to tell me how to register the automatic ping handler and hopefully that'll be it. And so I guess we found a long running bug in older releases..

Hi @stephan.steiner,

I was wondering if you were able to resolve your issue. If so, what ended up being the solution? 

Thanx,

Denise