Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Contract for EOL sequence

Ohiopyro
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I just bought an Integrated services Router C819G-4G-VZ-K9. I wanted to do an experiment for using in a remote location. I found it brand new for a steal but would like to flash to the latest firmware for security issues I have read about on Cisco's site. The software is 4 generations old. Unfortunately this router is in the end of life sequence and the last date to purchase a service contract has come and gone. How do I get the files I need without a contract?

Thanks,

Scott

3 Replies 3

Max Swift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning Scott

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm looking into your question with our colleagues that cover this topic and I'll provide a useful response as soon as possible!

If you have any questions in the meantime please let me know!

Max Swift

Good Morning Scott

Thank you again for your patience. After researching with our team, it appears that warranty does not cover software upgrades or updates. You would likely need to purchase an up to date router with a contract in order to achieve what you're describing, otherwise you can just use the device with the current firmware and replace the unit once anything happens to it or you deem the current firmware or software is unsatisfactory for your use case.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Max Swift

Max,

Let me get this right, I need a file for a piece of equipment to solve a security issue, posted in a notice on Cisco.com, on a not so old piece of equipment, and you are telling me to spend another 1400 instead of supplying a file to solve my issue. This is nonsense. Since it is EOL the firmware files shouldn't be that hard to get. I didn't create the security issue with the older firmware.  

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: