Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate Limit exceeded -DNA center API

Hello,
I am beginner user of Cisco catalyst center. I want to get the client details using mac-address as the parameter.At the moment, i am able to receive the client details of a list of mac-address (which inlcude 10,000 mac address) but this process takes about 5-6 hours to receive the data.

So now i want to speed up the process, for that i would like to receive atleast 5 clients/ minute .Such the process will take less time.

This is the error message :

Error: 429, {
"error" : "Rate Limit exceeded; BapiName: Get Client Detail, RateLimit config details: RateLimitContext{rate=100, windowUnit='minute', windowDuration=1, maxConcurrentExecutionsPermitted=100}",
"bapiExtendedStatusCode" : "REJECTED_ABOVE_THROTTLE_LIMIT",
"bapiExtendedStatusDescription" : "For BAPI: Get Client Detail, maximum allowed BAPI instances per 1 minute is 100. The limit has been reached for the time-window between Fri Feb 09 09:34:19 UTC 2024 and now"
}
Could someone help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

Gabriel Zapodeanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@beginnerciscouser I would suggest to open a TAC case, if you have access, ask for them to look into this. It is hard to troubleshoot here why the report does not include information Catalyst Center has.

Okay. Then I shall do that.
Thanks for the support.