cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5.1.1.2 Smart Home Network username and password incorrect in instructions

djones137984307
Level 1
Level 1

I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.  I am a student.  I am attempting to complete my Cisco training,

Introduction to Packet Tracer English 0221.  I am stuck on Lab 5.1.1.2.  My Home Gateway Username and Password are said to be incorrect.  The instructions tell me that "admin" is to be used by both. 

Any help would be appreciated.

59 Replies 59

you need to run mqtbroker in the tablet programming section then: Desktop -> IOT monitor. Or build a new network in PT 8 start from fresh the problem is you are using new PT.

Sydney Griffin

ciscokidmarin
Level 1
Level 1

A lot of the content for Introduction to Packet Tracer English 0221 course is outdated when using Packet Tracer 8.0 to complete it.

This definitely needs to be updated.

Phil B
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, seems the course notes don't match. 

Try this -

1. Click Tablet->Programming and select and run the mqtt broker and client.
  2. Tablet->Desktop->IoT Monitor.

which worked for me.

Thanks Phil B., it's working for me with the Cisco Packet Tracer 8.0.0.0212

Thank you very much!

Thank you!

That worked!

not for me 

Thanks, it's work for me, pckt tracer version 8

Thanks Man!
It really worked.

Mate, thank you so much. If I ever met you in real life I would buy you 6-pack crafts of your choice for sharing the solution for this problem. It is completely ridiculous to me that Cisco gives outdated docs/instruction for completely novice like me to go through introduction course and experience great frustration and because of this negligence lose hours without even being able to start with the actual studying!

Always welcome man!
I'm really glad that It helped you out.

Thanks, guy - that worked.

Now if we could only get the sphincters at Cisco to fix their garbage. Wastes EVERYONE'S time.

Thanks Phil B, it worked for me and Cisco Packet Tracer 8.0.0.0212,

But i have noticed that Step 1 was not actually needed in my case, Step 2 was enough !!!

Thanks Bro

Yes, that did work for me- however the assignment was to use the browser, not the IoT Monitor. 

Replacing the Home Gateway actually worked to get the admin/admin to be accepted. 

That was time wasted…

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links