cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Questions

• SNMP, seed device & VLANS - ( 11-13-2001 )
  • Other Network Architecture Subjects
  • I have many vlans configured with my 3548's in my org and do not know which way I should configure SNMP on my devices. Should I touch every device and configure them with the pertinent information such as snmp-server host etc... or should I just place this info on the cluster member device? Also, does it matter with device I pick as the seed device as long as it can see every device in my topology? I would appreciate any insight.
    View more
11-13-2001
Cancel Post

11-13-2001
Cancel Post

• JTAPI with Dialogic Cards - ( 11-12-2001 )
  • Other Collaboration Subjects
  • HI allThis question is noway related to any cisco product.i am doing a project on Computer telephony Integratiion(CTI) using JTAPI, in which a telephone set communicates with a PC.My application should transfer the incoming telephone calls to specified PC & it should handle outgoing calls. I hope the incoming call will be taken up by a Dialogic card and converts it to digital data and then route it to a ip address with in the network.My question here is what type of Dialogic card do i need to use to do the same and if JTAPI supports Dialogic cards??.If possible please let me know the step by step procedure for integrating computer with telephone device.Thanks.
    View more
11-12-2001
Cancel Post

11-12-2001
Cancel Post

• ICD Transfer to Unity - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • Hello AllI am having a problem with directing a call from an ICD menu directly to a Unity VM box. I am using the redirect to a phantom phone that is the VM box # that is forwarded to the VM #. The call goes through the menu and as soon as you hit 1 to be directed to VM the call drops. The caller gets no fast busy or anything the call just disconnects. I don't know if it is a codec issue or not. The ICD only talks G-711 and my voiemail is running G-729 but the phones are in a G-711 region talking to a g-729 VM region. If the phones can make the connection than why can't a phantom phone coming from ICD make the connection. I have a DSP farm available but not sure how to do the transcoding.Help ??
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• Enabling BACP/BAP feature using dialer profile - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • When I enable bacp/bap in my dialer profile, I have following problem,First connection is up and every thing is fine, but whenever a requirement is there to add another channel (dynamically) CISCO says not configured to add a link, while my configuration is right. On the other hand when I configure using dialer map, I am able to use bacp/bap feature properly for more than one link. I am using cisco3660 with IOS 12.1(3)T.Has anybody tried this and can help me.Thanks
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• Dump of all parms in call manager - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • I would like to get a dump of all the parameter settings for all the data bases in call manager. When I telnet over to call manager and do a show db I can see what each setting is. I would like to send that information to a text file and keep it as my documentation of how the system look that day. I hae quite a few changes to make coming up and I want to be able to reference back to how things were, if I make a mistake. thanks tricia
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• ICD Application Timers - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • Is there a way for me to have my queue/ICD agent remain in a busy state for "X" seconds after parking a call? I understand there is a known bug with ICD and Park and it is not officially supported, however what I am trying to do is solve an issue where an ICD agent places a call on Park to page someone to pick it up, and the next call waiting in queue rings their ICD extension as soon as the park is completed. It seems to me that there should be some way to allow for this scenario. The only workaround I have so far is to have the ICD Agent put that "second" call on hold, make the page, then return to the second caller, but that is awkward at best. Is this something that can be done with CRA Editor? Am I out of luck?
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• Need the clients to roam between APs more quickly - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
  • Hi all,In warehouse or manufacturing environments where there are a loarge number of clients and a large number of APs (350s in our case), the 350 seems to wait until the quality of its association is really lousy before it tries to roam to another AP. With latency sensitive applications like telnet or 5250, this causes problems with session lockups and excessive battery use on the client because of too many retries.How can we get these clients to roam more quickly when their sesion _begins_ to degrade?The old Aironet/Telxon 2.4GHz networks were able to set ELH and other thresholds to cause more proactive roaming.We have tried limiting cell size by power levels and/or restricting data rates, but it doesn't seem to improve.Any ideas?Thanks,Brent
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• 3005 ser. Concentrator <- -> Cheapest VPN capable router over Ethernet - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • Other Security Subjects
  • My company currently runs a Cisco 3005 series Concentrator, Bootcode Rev: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Version 2.5.Rel Jun 21 2000 18:57:52Software Rev: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Version 2.5.2 (Rel) Aug 16 2000 11:41:47we attach to aprox 20 client LAN's using IPSec LAN to LAN connections. Each connection uses assorted VPN capable Firewalls/Routers on the client side. Our company has decided to remove the guesswork on all the assorted connetions and purchase VPN capable routers over Ethernet, to be shipped to all of our clients. There only requirements is I find the cheapest solution. I have looked at the 800/uBR900 series router. If anyone can let me know of any other CISCO solutions I should look into, IOS versions I would need ETC.. It would be greatly appreciated.
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

11-08-2001
Cancel Post

11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• BRI to Brazil - ( 11-08-2001 )
  • I have just setup an office in Rio which dials in to our new york office. Brazil uses European standard isdn basic-net3 on a cisco. From NY I cannot dial into Rio, and Rio only dials into NY successfully 1 out of 4 times. Our set up in Buenos Aires works perfectly and also uses the European standard. When I debug q931 it shows Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3 which is voice.The local telco say it works ok with their NT1 (they can call it and it rings).With the Cisco 1604 integrated NT1 (purchased in the US) you get a fast tone. But it does get thougg to the US.Is it possible that the NT1 is different?
    View more
11-08-2001
Cancel Post

• AIR-BR-340 / 350 Traps - ( 11-06-2001 )
  • Wireless Security and Network Management
  • I am looking for documentation regarding traps for mainly the radio side of 340 & 350 Bridges and WG Bridges. Especially signal strength / quality and connect rate. I have some MIBs loaded, but the AP MIB's are all that appear to be available for this series.Any input appreciated
    View more
11-06-2001
Cancel Post

11-05-2001
Cancel Post

• Async tunneling: serial port differences? - ( 11-05-2001 )
  • We're trying to tunnel RS-232 data across a small IP network to remotely monitor/control serial devices. The end devices require DCD to be held high from the router. Working with TAC, so far the AUX port doesn't seem to be able to do this, so we would have to disable flow control, which isn't a viable solution.1) Do other serial interfaces have the ability to hold DCD high?2) Any suggestions how to fake the AUX port?
    View more
11-05-2001
Cancel Post

11-05-2001
Cancel Post

• Network Registrar DHCP and Novell scopes and DA's - ( 11-01-2001 )
  • I'm trying to configure the Novell DHCP option-78 and option-79 in Network Registrar. DHCP option-78 is used to assign a client machine the IP address of a novell directory agent. DHCP option-79 is used to assign a novell service scope. Neither of these options are standard in NR's DHCP server. However, it looks like NR has the ability to add custom options. I've tried several things to add these options, but without luck. If anyone has got this to work successfully, I would appreciate sharing the knowledge. Thanks, Gary
    View more
11-01-2001
Cancel Post

• Security best practices white paper - ( 11-01-2001 )
  • There is a new white paper available on CCO on suggested best practices to keep a Unity 3.0 server secure.<br><A HREF="http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/security.htm" target="_new">http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/security.htm</A><br><br>Anil Verma<br>Cisco Systems<br>anilve@cisco.com
    View more
11-01-2001
Cancel Post

• Database Security from DMZ - ( 10-30-2001 )
  • Other Security Subjects
  • OK, I need help. I have a web page serving up database files. It is on a DMZ with only port 80 allowed to it from the Internet and then that server can query (ODBC) on a custom port to the internal database server. I need to layer this design to not allow the web server direct access to our key database system. This is for security reasons. I have a Pix firewall with 6 interfaces and I want to put the relay/proxy/middleware on a network seperate from the web server. Firewall rules are not the problem I need to find the software to solve this problem. Do any of you have experience with this? What type of proxy, or relay, or middle ware will help solve this problem?Thanks,Pat
    View more
10-30-2001
Cancel Post

• CES 7200/3600 - ( 10-30-2001 )
  • Query re CES functionality between 7204VXR and 3640:-Two 7204VXRs (IOS 12.1(5)T9 IP Plus) equipped with PA-A2-4E1XC-OC3SM and used to connect two PBXs work ok.However if one of the above 7204VXRs is also connected to a 3640 (IOS 12.1(2)T IP Plus) and equipped with NM-1A-OC3SML-1V and VWIC-1MFT-E1. Despite a similar configuration the trunk between the PBXs constantly alarms and will not function.Does anyone have any working experience with this combination of CES cards?
    View more
10-30-2001
Cancel Post

• ATM ILMI STATE - ( 10-30-2001 )
  • Application Networking
  • I have been working on an atm issue and the ilmi state is stucked in - restarting and WaitDevType . The software ver is the latest..... 12.0 and up. I CCO says these errors are related to the following bugs ....CSCdt47492, CSCdm26756, CSCdr28332.Why would ilmi be stuck in ... restarting... if the snmp-server community string is configured right ?Shut/no shut on the interface did not help.Thanks.
    View more
10-30-2001
Cancel Post

• Gigastacking GBIC - ( 10-30-2001 )
  • In a stack of two 3524's, connected together using the Gigastacking GBIC when a third 3524 switch is daisy chained to create a half duplex 1 Gb stack what is the normal process of link negotiation?Should all the links flap and then become stable or should the link between the new switch and its neighbour only flap? (3 GBICs are used).
    View more
10-30-2001
Cancel Post

10-29-2001
Cancel Post

• Question about the Firewall loadbalance - ( 10-28-2001 )
  • Application Networking
  • I have a case in constructing a City Broadband Network. Now I have two CSS 11800 and 4 PIX firewall,the Customer wants 4 PIX 535/525 to do NAT to translate the private ip address to Public address at 2 export. I want to know if one CSS 11800 can handle two firewall loadbalance while the PIX do the NAT.I tried to do them as Server Loadblance but failed. Beacause I cannot make so many Vip address as the Public address.Is there any other way to solve the problem? If they cannot ,I guess if 2CSS can handle 2PIX while two firewall loadbalance while the PIX do the NAT ?I found the doc. of the CSS advanced config ,Chapter of PIX firewall loadbance .In the Chapter it noted that the PIX cannot do the NAT. So can anybody give me the Help ? i really need the exactly detailed configuration ,Thanks . My email: evanchen@eccom.com.cn
    View more
10-28-2001
Cancel Post