cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Questions

• can't find the msfc2 module?? - ( 06-11-2001 )
  • Application Networking
  • by mistake i changed the regiter num of 0x10f to some other value,then i can't find the msfc2 module,i wonder if there is the conditions that can make the switch engine can't find msfc2 module.cause i think the 6000 series start sequence was the catos start ,find every module pluged in then use the session to connect to the router module IOS.there is no reason for start up with catOS but can't find the msfc module....(for example if you erase the IOS in the MSFC module,it also happen that can't find the msfc2 module)
    View more
06-11-2001
Cancel Post

• Tunnel Encryption/Compression Performance - ( 06-10-2001 )
  • Other Security Subjects
  • This may not actually be appropriate for this forum, but hey - I'll post it anyway :)As anyone done performance testing on Win2K Terminal Server sessions through an encrypted/compressed VPN?i.e. Suppose we connect to a 'secure' inside PPTP VPN server and establish an encrypted(MPPE128)/compressed(MPPC) tunnel. Is the MPPC compression ratio impacted by the application layer encryption that can be applied between the Terminal Services client and the Win2K Terminal server? I would suspect that if LAN security is not an issue (no packet sniffing, etc.. on the LAN side) then it would make sense to TURN OFF Terminal Services encryption (an possibly even compression) to ensure that the VPN MPPC has a less random stream of data to compress (hence possibly providing better performance through the tunnel) I know there are many variables in this - how well MPPC in the tunnel compresses 'general data' vs. how well Terminal Services may tokenize and compress its application stream data, etc... Just a thought.
    View more
06-10-2001
Cancel Post

• sites from E0 can't communicat to sites from E1(connect to switch port) - ( 06-01-2001 )
  • Other Network Architecture Subjects
  • Hello I am a newhand to cisco devices.In recently I connet a cisco4500 to a 3com LAN switch port with Ethernet 0 interface.(there is just one default VLAN included all ports) I have allocated two C class subnets to E0(subnet B) & E1 ( subnet A direct to E1).It puzzles me that I can just communicate to sevral host on subnetA at the hosts on subnetB,It seems time out.(there are no ACLs on router,and I can ping successful to all hosts on subnetA inside router. I want the sites in subnet B comunicate to the sites on switch ports.Is there some configuration needed ?please mail to modo@citiz.net thanks lot your sjp
    View more
06-01-2001
Cancel Post

05-30-2001
Cancel Post

• Recording Opening greeting via the handset - ( 05-23-2001 )
  • Other Collaboration Subjects
  • We want to record the opening greeting from the handset on a phone instead of a microphone for better sound quality, but we receive errors each time we try. This is on Unity 2.4.6, and CallManager 3.0(8) the errors are as follows:<br><br><br> Active Voice CommServer<br> ====================================================<br> Assertion Failed: HRESULTS 0x80040154:<br><br> File: h:\CommSvr\Sources\TRaP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\<br> AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp Line: 556<br><br> [Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]<br> ====================================================<br><br> Followed by...<br><br> Active Voice CommServer<br> ====================================================<br> Debug message:<br> Exception Caught!<br><br> File: h:\CommSvr\Sources\TRaP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp Line: 1677<br><br> [Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]<br> ====================================================<br><br> And then finally...<br><br> Telephone Record and Playback<br> ====================================================<br> Unknown problems are preventing the connection to the server.<br><br> [OK]<br> ====================================================<br><br>Any help would be appreciated. We've been dealing with this problem for a while.<br><br>
    View more
05-23-2001
Cancel Post

• ** Bulk subscriber logout tool now available ** - ( 05-22-2001 )
  • Got a lot of request for this one in the last couple weeks. <br><br>This guy will let you select large numbers of subscribers by extension range, COS membership, public distribution list membership and then you can cherry pick from that group in a sortable grid. Once you have the subscribers you want to log Unity out of, hit the "log out subscribers" button and you're off to the races. When you're done moving these mail users between Exchange servers you can then use this utility to force Unity to log back in to those same mailboxes by hitting the "resync subscribers" button. <br><br>No password required and it should also work with any version of Unity back to 2.3.4 build 104, although I've only had a chance to test it against 2.4.5 build 73 and 2.4.6 build 102 at this point.<br><br>Comments and suggestions welcome. I've already gotten a couple of ideas from folks for additional ways to select users for logout (i.e. providing a function to slurp in a CSV file generated from Exchange). The best way to get what you want is to ask for it...<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey<br>Cisco Systems<br>lindborg@cisco.com<br><A HREF="http://www.AnswerMonkey.net" target="_new">http://www.AnswerMonkey.net</A> (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)
    View more
05-22-2001
Cancel Post

05-16-2001
Cancel Post

05-14-2001
Cancel Post

• ** Tools updated on AnswerMonkey ** - ( 05-13-2001 )
  • Just about to take off for a week so I figured I do some house cleaning on the on the AnswerMonkey site.<br><br>dbWalker<br><br>Updated to force all handlers to enabled their standard greeting and standard transfer rule, regardless of what you changing. As long as we got the hood open, might as well force this since there have been a few bugs in the SA allowing these to be disabled (which should never happen). Same deal for subscribers. If you have a problem where you think transfers aren't working because the standard rule got disabled (it may not show up as disabled on the SA), you can just select all subscribers or handlers and run the update (no need to select anything on the change selection tab).<br><br>UnityUninstaller<br><br>Fixed a couple problems where public Distribution Lists associated with other Unity servers were being removed (i.e. All Subscribers or UnaddressedMessages DLs added for a 2nd Unity server in the same site were being removed in some cases). I also changed it to remove all objects associated with the local Unity server from the system instead of leaving the handlers orphaned under the Unity folder. This didn't break anything but it was confusing some techs looking at systems in the field... this makes the uninstall take a little longer, but it does a neater job.<br><br>FullDBImport<br><br>Fixed a problem we found in Australia where importing information into a Unity server that was not the only one in the Exchange site was matching on the wrong instance of "Example Administrator" (since there will be one for each Unity server in the site). Cleaned up a couple other issues as well.<br><br>PortBusyReport<br><br>Modified it such that it can run on a PC that doesn't have Unity installed on it.<br><br>Enjoy. Catch 'ya next week.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey<br>Cisco Systems<br>lindborg@cisco.com<br><A HREF="http://www.AnswerMonkey.net" target="_new">http://www.AnswerMonkey.net</A> (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)
    View more
05-13-2001
Cancel Post

• ** G729a Troubleshooting Guide ** - ( 05-08-2001 )
  • Overview:<br>This guide will be helpful in diagnosing problems with G.729 in the Unity-CallManager 3.0 integration. <br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Installing G.729 on the Unity server:<br><br>Required Versions:<br>AvCisco Tsp 1.0.0.24 or later.<br>Unity2.4.5 or later.<br><br>1. The following registry setting needs to be created on the Unity server.<br>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvSkinny<br>"G729 Enabled"=dword:00000001<br><br>2. The following codec needs to be installed.<br>\CommServer\Utilities\sl_g729a_setup.exe<br>The computer needs to be rebooted before this install takes affect.<br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Unity Trouble Shooting<br><br>Once G.729 has been installed, do the following to test the G.729 configuration on the Unity server.<br>1a. On Win2k Go to "Control Panel"->"Phone and Modem Options"->"Advanced tab"<br>1b. On Nt4.0 Go to "Control Panel"->"Telephony"->"Telephony Driver's tab"<br>2. Select the Av-Cisco Service Provider<br>3. Hit the "Configure..." button.<br>4. Hit the "Reset" button.<br><br>You will see at least two events in the application event log per port when you do this. One will be a warning saying that the AvCiscoTsp has been disconnected from the CallManager. The other will be a informational event saying that the port has connected to the CallManager.<br><br>1. If you see events saying that G.729 has been enabled, then your Unity is configured correctly. The problem is with your CallManager or gateway configuration. Go to the "CallManager and Gateway Trouble Shooting" sections. <br>2. If you don't see any G.729 messages in the event log then the registry setting mentioned in the install section has not been set properly.<br>3. If you see an error event saying that the codec has not been installed, then follow the instructions mentioned above for installing the "sl_g729a_setup.exe" and make sure the computer has been rebooted. <br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>CallManager and Gateway Trouble Shooting<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Audio Problems.<br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Symptom:<br>You can call Unity through a gateway, but you get garbled audio. <br><br>Possible Problems:<br>The gateway is setup to use the wrong codec. <br><br>Fix:<br>It needs to be set to use G729R8.<br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Symptom:<br>You can call Unity, but you don't hear any audio or you get one way audio. You cannot record for example. <br><br>Possible Problems:<br>The network setup is preventing the RTP packets from going through. <br><br>Very:<br>This should happen with G.729 and G.711 data.<br><br>Try to ping from Unity to the phone or gateway. Try to ping Unity from a computer in the same subnet as the phone or gateway. If either of these don't go through then you have a network problem. If there is a firewall in between the two, then make sure UDP packets to and from ports 19000 and above can get through. If you are using a firewall and the audio is not getting through, you will probably want to use a packet sniffer. <br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Connection problems:<br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Symptoms:<br>When calling from a gateway, the call rings but is dropped as soon as it is answered. This does not occur when calling from a 7960/7940 phone.<br><br>Possible Problems:<br>The gateway is using H323v1 protocol and is set to use G.711 codec but the region only allows a G.729 calls to go through. <br><br>Fix:<br>Set the gateway to use G729R8. The CallManager will let G.729 calls through even in G.711 regions. You might be able to install a Media Transfer Agent on the CallManager server. You also might be able to use a gateway that supports MGCP, Skinny or H323v2.<br><br><br>Aaron Belcher<br>Software Engineer<br>Active Voice<br>abelcher@activevoice.com<br>
    View more
05-08-2001
Cancel Post

• ATM interface - ( 04-30-2001 )
  • Other Network Architecture Subjects
  • If i configure a Point to Point link on frame relay with an option of VC disconnect with some idle time option.Can anyone tell me during the VC disconnect what the status of the interface ? is it pingable ? is it up to any device which is monitoring the network ?
    View more
04-30-2001
Cancel Post

• Peak port usage report now available - ( 04-29-2001 )
  • I had a couple requests in the past few weeks for a way to determine how many ports are in use over time so folks can determine if their systems are under/over ported. The current port usage report focuses on call traffic and doesn't kick out how many ports are available/in use over any specific time period. It does, however, generate an Access database that has all the basic information we need to generate just such a report.<br><br>I've just stuck out on my web page a new tool that will take the Access database generated by the port usage report and kicks out a peak port use report along with a graphical chart of the port activity over the day. I've also included the source code for this tool so folks can see how this is done... all the reports leave around Access databases with interesting data that may be used to generate any number of useful custom reports for end users.<br><br>Enjoy.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey<br>Cisco Systems<br>lindborg@cisco.com<br><A HREF="http://www.AnswerMonkey.net" target="_new">http://www.AnswerMonkey.net</A> (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)
    View more
04-29-2001
Cancel Post

• E&M & FXS - I don't want to hear dialed digits - ( 04-27-2001 )
  • Hello, I have 2 1750-4v, 1 with 2 E&Ms and the other with 2 FXS. When I dial from the E&M to the FXS site I ever hear the dialed digits, and I don't want so.But for example when I dial from the FXS to the E&M site, I don't hear any dialed digit.Is there any way to stop hearing the dialed digits ?Thanks a lot for your help.Regards, Anacelia
    View more
04-27-2001
Cancel Post

• Not hearing first few seconds of greeting - ( 04-24-2001 )
  • I am running Call Manager 3.07 and Unity 2.4.0.127 using AVCiscoTAPI. Our users are reporting that the first few seconds of a greeting are not being heard for calls coming in from the outside (internal calls are okay). For example our staff hear "....... Knaapen" instead of "May I speak to Frank Knaapen.". Is this a problem on Unity or is it on the Call Manager? Is there a hand off interval I need to increase?<br>Thanks<br>Monica<br><br>
    View more
04-24-2001
Cancel Post

04-24-2001
Cancel Post

• I am implementing a statewide Voice and Video network... - ( 04-12-2001 )
  • Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am putting together a statewide network which will handle video and voice for 23 (intra)statewide sites. These are my thoughts so far:1. I will most likely use ATM. There is a very dense ATM/Frame network in this state and I believe that the costs of leased circuits will be more than is necessary. I am thinking 768kb via ATM (dynamic bandwidth allocation) will be enough for the video and no more than 4 voice channels optimally at G.711(64kb). In reality there will probably be no more than 2 voice channels needed at most sites. Video will go out over Polycom 128's running at 256kb. There will be some data running over this network, but probably not much. Possible internet convergence somewhere down the road.2. I would like to get by with upgrades only to the PBXs' and no IP phones at this time. I would like to use the most economical routers/hardware possible. There will probably be no major growth within this network. I am thinking 1750's most everywhere. Do I need a bigger router at a central site- 2600? Do I need a central CCM or can I pass the traffic with the setup I have described?3. I would really appreciate a look at an implementation similar to what I am doing. I can travel most anywhere in the East/Southeast. I am trying to be very economical, but it does have to work. You can contact me directly if you like at 803-744-9460 or artistlsco@aol.comThanks so much,Dana
    View more
04-12-2001
Cancel Post

• * Unity 2.4.6 release notes now on web * - ( 04-12-2001 )
  • Hey gang.<br><br>Just a quick note to let you know the fine pubs folks cleaned up the 2.4.6 release notes and they are now available for public consumption on the web. Lots of good stuff in there... definitely worth a download.<br><br>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/2_46/rel_note/<br><br><br>enjoy.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey<br>Cisco Systems<br>lindborg@cisco.com<br><A HREF="http://www.AnswerMonkey.net" target="_new">http://www.AnswerMonkey.net</A> (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)
    View more
04-12-2001
Cancel Post

• Welcome to the Voice and Video over WLAN Discussion - ( 04-11-2001 )
  • Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
  • Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Wireless Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss issues surrounding Voice and Video over WLAN. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as bandwidth intensive wireless applications, and any other topic concerning Voice and Video over WLAN. Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site!If you would like us to send them a personal invitation simply send their names and e-mail addresses along with your name to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com.
    View more
04-11-2001
Cancel Post

• Welcome to the Network Management Discussion - ( 04-11-2001 )
  • Wireless Security and Network Management
  • Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Wireless Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss issues surrounding Network Management. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as integrating and managing wireless networks.Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site!If you would like us to send them a personal invitation simply send their names and e-mail addresses along with your name to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com.
    View more
04-11-2001
Cancel Post

• VB2000 Mitel Feature Set Caller ID Problem - ( 04-11-2001 )
  • Hi Jeff,<br><br>How are you? I recently upgrade a Unity system with VB2000 Mitel Feature Set Integration to a Mitel SX200EL system. The problem that I have is when I allow caller ID (10 digits long) sent to the voicemail extensions, the external callers will not be forwarded into the mailbox greeting. Instead, they either hear main opening greeting or "no operator is available". Internal caller forwarded to the personal greeting without problem. Extension digit length is 4 digits. If I disallowed caller ID sent to the voicemail extensions through the PBX, all call forwarding work fine.<br><br>Is there anything I need to set up in the Mitel.ini file? Please advise. Thanks a lot. <br><br>
    View more
04-11-2001
Cancel Post

• Gatekeeper, GKTMP, and GK-api - ( 03-29-2001 )
  • Has anyone succesfully used the Gatekeeper Transaction Message Protocol through the offered GK api on Linux?I can't get it to work on a 2611 with IOS 12.1(5)XM2. I receive all necessary ARQ-messages, but my ARQ-responses are ignored. ARJ-responses are handled correctly.Thanks for any help!
    View more
03-29-2001
Cancel Post

• Excessive background noise - ( 03-27-2001 )
  • Hi, customer running Unity version 2.4.5.57 and CCM 3.0(8) are getting excess background noise during pauses between voice prompts when interacting with Unity voicemail. This problem does not occur during msgs or greetings but only when interacting with the system itself. Is there are way to reduce it? Any pointers are greatly appreciated. <br><br>-ben<br>408-527-3568<br>benng@cisco.com<br><br><br>
    View more
03-27-2001
Cancel Post

• Upgrading Unity - ( 03-26-2001 )
  • I'm upgrading to Unity 2.4.6 and Cisco CallManager 3.0(8)and was wondering if there is a specific order in which this should be done. Also, is there an updated TSP driver available? I can't find one.<br><br>
    View more
03-26-2001
Cancel Post

• MWI not turning on or off - ( 03-23-2001 )
  • None of the MWIs are working. The TSP driver fails to find a wave driver when a test is run. The only change made is the waveDBgainrecord is changed from 5 to 3. the version of Unity is 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73. Stopping and starting Unity will push out a change in the MWIs to all the phones, but when all messages are deleted the MWI won't turn off. <br><br><br><br>
    View more
03-23-2001
Cancel Post

• Mailboxes, upgrading and Cisco - ( 03-22-2001 )
  • Hello,<br><br>Basically when I buy Unity off of Cisco I get different port to mailbox combination. If I buy an 8 port/200 Mailbox combination and later on I want 16 ports and 600 mailboxes - do I have to buy ports or ports and mailboxes?<br><br>
    View more
03-22-2001
Cancel Post