cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Questions

• MWI not turning on or off - ( 03-23-2001 )
  • Other Collaboration Subjects
  • None of the MWIs are working. The TSP driver fails to find a wave driver when a test is run. The only change made is the waveDBgainrecord is changed from 5 to 3. the version of Unity is 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73. Stopping and starting Unity will push out a change in the MWIs to all the phones, but when all messages are deleted the MWI won't turn off. <br><br><br><br>
    View more
03-23-2001
Cancel Post

• Mailboxes, upgrading and Cisco - ( 03-22-2001 )
  • Hello,<br><br>Basically when I buy Unity off of Cisco I get different port to mailbox combination. If I buy an 8 port/200 Mailbox combination and later on I want 16 ports and 600 mailboxes - do I have to buy ports or ports and mailboxes?<br><br>
    View more
03-22-2001
Cancel Post

03-22-2001
Cancel Post

03-11-2001
Cancel Post

• Active Directory (mixed mode) - ( 03-09-2001 )
  • I have a question regarding Unity in Active Directory (mixed mode). <br><br>Next week I'm performing an install on a AD mixed mode directory. I'm assuming I can join AD as a domain controller and continue on my merry way. Are there any caveats or other pitfalls I should watch out for?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Brent<br><br>
    View more
03-09-2001
Cancel Post

• Welcome to the General Discussion - ( 03-09-2001 )
  • Other Security Subjects
  • Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Security Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss general issues surrounding Security. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as security design, rollout, management, and any other topic concerning Security.Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site.If you would like us to send them a personal invitation simply send their names and e-mail addresses along with your name to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com.
    View more
03-09-2001
Cancel Post

• Welcome to the AAA Discussion - ( 03-09-2001 )
  • Network Access Control
  • Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Security Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss issues surrounding AAA. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as authentication, authorization, accounting, and any other topic concerning AAA. Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site.If you would like us to send them a personal invitation simply send their names and e-mail addresses along with your name to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com.
    View more
03-09-2001
Cancel Post

• Informational: Cisco Wireless Dynamic WEP Solution - ( 02-28-2001 )
  • I just wanted to take an opportunity to apprise folks of Cisco's solution for vulnerabilities identified in the WEP protocol.Recently, Berkley issued a white paper detailing the weakness of WEP in 802.11 wireless networks. They were "right-on" in their assessments. Problems stem from both the fact that WEP keys are statically assigned to wireless clients, and some vendors implement IVs (Initialization Vectors) poorly.The problem with static WEP keys is that once assigned (manually) to a wireless client, they remain in-place for all encryption sessions. Not only does this cause problems if the client device is stolen, but with a constant stream of single key encrypted sessions, cryptographic techniques can discover the WEP key and compromise encrypted traffic.Cisco recently announced a security architecture designed to mitigate the inherent flaws of WEP. Cisco's new architecture uses dynamic WEP key distribution based on EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol) and the forthcoming 802.1x standard. The bottom line is that Cisco now offers a wireless authentication mechanism that facilitates dynamic WEP key generation. This solution works with Aironet 340 and 350 products and the CiscoSecure ACS 2.6 AAA server.Cisco uses a “pre-standard” implementation of EAP and 802.1x called LEAP (Light-weight Extensible Authentication Protocol). LEAP uses a challenge/response methodology for generating dynamic WEP keys that can be configured to forcibly expire and refresh without user intervention. Think of it as a wireless version of PPP with WEP key generation based on successful authentication.The wireless client and the AAA server generate the WEP key locally without actually passing the key in the clear. After proper authentication and key generation the AAA server passes the key to the wireless access-point to stimulate mutual authentication between the access-point and wireless client.Thus, Cisco's LEAP solution facilitates dynamic, refreshable (if that's a word) key generation with mutual authentication between the wireless client and access-point. This solves the problem of static WEP keys and so called “rogue” access-points, as detailed in the Berkley white paper.Concerning IV vulnerabilities, Cisco uses per-packet random IVs. On a packet-by-packet basis, the Cisco wireless-client generates a random (or more properly, pseudorandom) IV for every IP packet transmission. This reduces the likelihood that a snooper could cryptanalyze wireless traffic via IV attacks.The Cisco LEAP architecture is nothing short of a phenomenal advance in wireless security. Even though our solution is "pre-standard" 802.1x, which will offer a fully specified solution for WEP vulnerability, Cisco is the first wireless vendor to provide a solution to wireless security vulnerabilities. When 802.1x becomes standard, we will of course comply with the specification and offer software upgrades for all wireless products.Furthermore, to achieve an even higher-level of wireless security, you can use remote-access VPN solutions based on the Cisco VPN 3000 solution.No matter how you slice it. Cisco has a robust architecture for solving wireless security problems.For more information, please visit http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/witc/ao350ap/prodlit/a350w_ov.htm.Good luck!
    View more
02-28-2001
Cancel Post

• Unity 2.4.5 & Call Manager 3.07 - ( 02-28-2001 )
  • I spoke to tech support about this and they could not give me a reason why Unity could not answer calls on the morning of 2/16/01.<br><br>From my Unity Server I could PING the Call Manager server (they're on the same subnet) but when I ran the Skinny Wizard the TEST failed. Why?<br><br>Multiple reboots of the Unity and Call manager box finally got me to the point where the skinny wizard test successfully and after another reboot Unity was operational again.<br><br>Are there any known issues with Unity/Call Manager integrations? Are there any driver updates I need to apply?<br><br>I have event logs from all servers involved and I sent them to tech support (Rob Flye), but he hasn't determined anything yet.<br><br>
    View more
02-28-2001
Cancel Post

• updated version of dbWalker utility on web page - ( 02-15-2001 )
  • This is the utility that helps you track down missing links/errors/illegal settings in your Unity directory. You can get it off the tools section of my web page below.<br><br>By request I've made several changes in the new version (2.1.15):<br><br>- Much better performance... the import/export exercise has definitely proved useful for finding out what the DOH is good at and what it's not.<br><br>-Added a progress bar <br><br>- Consolidated output into one snappy log instead of two separate ones. Cleaned up log format, it's easier to read now.<br><br>- added option to remove orphaned call handlers on the fly. As a result I'll be removing the "find orphan" and "remove orphan" scripts from the page... this is a much better and safter way to clean that up.<br><br>- Check for DTMF_ID conflicts<br><br>- Check for missing schedules<br><br>- Check to be sure the user is associated with a language currently loaded on the box.<br><br>- Supports configurations where multiple Unity boxes are installed into the same site properly now... only checks objects that match the local box's system ID now.<br><br>- keeps a running error count going and displays the total at the end.<br><br>- I removed the goofy options to check subscribers/handlers separately and skip some checks. All checks are done all the time. <br><br>- You can stick the log anywhere you want, it's not hard coded to "c:\LogError.log" any more.<br><br>Lindborg Labs cares.<br><br>enjoy.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect<br>Active Voice<br>jlindborg@activevoice.com<br><A HREF="http://members.home.net/jlindborg" target="_new">http://members.home.net/jlindborg</A>
    View more
02-15-2001
Cancel Post

• Voicemail Transfer - ( 02-08-2001 )
  • I have got a request from a client to do this app on Unity. Voicemail transfer:<br>A DID extension(myline) is #2194<br>There is a group of virtual extensions of 2041,2042,2043, 2044,2045,2046<br>2194 is not published to the outside world. When somebody calls from outside the leader in the group (in this example 2041)[published no] will ring, if no answer, will go to 2042 …and finally 2046. At this point I want to tell Unity to leave a message. However I want the message to be left at #2194. The virtual extensions are just buttons programmed on DTERM NEC phones. The PBX needs to turn the MWI on 2194 when a message is left. Each virtual extension would have a mailbox. However at the end when nobody in this group is available to take the call the message needs to be left at 2194. Any help is appreciated.<br>Thanx<br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>
    View more
02-08-2001
Cancel Post

• ** MWI trouble shooting guide ** - ( 02-05-2001 )
  • There's been enough questions about MWI functionality with CM that I'm going to make Aaron's post here "sticky" (i.e. it'll stay at the top of the list) for a few weeks.<br><br>-JL<br>==========================================<br><br>Common CallManager 3.0+ and Unity MWI configuration issues<br><br>Overview:<br>This guide will be helpful in diagnosing MWI problems in CallManager 3.0 integration that are caused by CallManager and Unity configuration issues. It will not be helpful in diagnosing Exchange problems. <br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Symptom: <br>MWIs don't work and have never worked on the system. Restarting the Unity server does not fix the problem.<br><br>Possible Problems:<br>1. MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn have not been set in the CallManager or the CallManager has not been restarted so these values get updated. (NOTE: To set the MessagWaitingOnDn and MessagWaitingOffDn go to the "CallManager Administrator"->Services->"Service Parameters". Select your CallManager in the left pane and then choose Cisco CallManager in the right pane. Change MessageWaitingOnDn and hit the update button. Change MessageWaitingOffDn and hit the update button. Repeat this process for each CallManager in the cluster. These CallManagers have to be restarted before these values take affect.) <br><br>2. A Route Plan includes the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn. For example, a route plan sends all number starting with '9' to a gateway and the MessageWaitingOnDn is "99991".<br><br>3. The MWI settings for subscribers are incorrect. In the "Unity Administrator"->Subscribers->Messages page, the "Use MWI for Message notification" should be checked and the Extension should be set to either "X." (An "X" says to use the subscribers extension when setting the MWI. It could also have the actual extension of the subscribers phone, but this should be the same as the extension.)<br><br>4. The MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn have not been set in the AvCiscoTsp or Unity has not been restarted so these changes take affect. On Win2k go to "Control Panel"->"Phone and Modem options"->"Advanced" Tab. On NT4.0, go to "Control Panel"->"Telephony". Choose the AvCiscoTsp and hit "config." Choose the connection to the CallManager and hit "settings." Make sure the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn are set correctly. You need to restart Unity before these values. If you are running into MWIs problems, I would reboot the server just to make sure.<br><br>Verify:<br>1,2. Put an IP phone in the same call search space and device pool as Unity. Try to dial the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn from that phone. If they work correctly then you have another problem. If you get reorder then the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn is probably not setup on the CallManager correctly. If you dial the whole string and have not gotten reorder yet, then your route plan is causing the problem. <br><br>3. Run \Commserver\TechTools\StatusMonitor.exe. Make sure "Display" is checked and choose "Start All Monitors". Go to "Unity Administrator"->Subscribers->Messages page and hit the "Refresh status button. You should see a "Dialing" (MWI) 'X' message in the display window. If you see this message then the MWI setting for the subsriber is correct.<br><br>4. Double-check the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn in the Service Parameters of all the CallManager servers and in the AvCiscoTsp configuration. Make sure they are identical. Restart the CallManager servers and the Unity server. If this does not fix the problem, then something else is causing the problem.<br><br>5) Make sure to spell the names of the devices correctly in the TSP Configuration dialog in the Control Panel, particularly if your Call Manager system has auto-registration enabled. When you add the VM Ports to Call Manager, they will typically be named MyTest-VIXX, where XX is a one-based port index. When you configure the TSP to use those ports on your Unity machine, if you mis-spell the names, bad things will happen. When you push the Test button to verify your settings, what will actually happen is that when we ask Call Manager if those device names are valid, it will assume we want to add new devices, but it will create them as phones rather than VM ports, and Unity won't recieve any notification of this happening. Then, when you try to start Unity using those device names, the TSP & the Miu will report initialization problems, and it can be hard to track down the reason for the failure. You can disable auto-registration on Call Manager to avoid this problem, and also preliminary testing indicates that EVVBU fixed this issue in Bravo.<br><br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Symptom: <br>MWIs work for a while but stop working completely. Restarting Unity fixes the problem. The site has a primary and failover CallManager.<br><br>Possible Problems:<br>1. MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn have not been set on the failover CallManager or the failover CallManager has not been restarted so these values get updated. And Unity has reconnected to failover server for some reason. When you restart Unity or reset the AvCiscoTsp then Unity reconnects back to the primary CallManager and MWIs start working.<br><br>Verify:<br>Bring the primary callManager offline and then try to dial the MessageWaitingOnDn and MessageWaitingOffDn. If you get reorder then this is the problem.<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Symptom: <br>MWIs work intermittently. Sometimes when you get a new message then and the MWI is not getting set. <br><br>Possible Problems:<br>1. MWIs might be out of synq do to errors while setting the MWIs. This could happen if all the CallManagers are offline when the MWI status changes. This could also happen if the MWIs configuration was incorrectly set in the past. <br><br>Verify:<br>Go to the "Unity Administrator"->switch page and hit the "Resync now" button. You should also setup it up to resync MWIs every day at about 3 am. This should help resolve this problem in the future.<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Symptom: <br>Unity is connected to two CallManagers on different clusters. MWIs only work on phones connected to one cluster.<br><br>Problem:<br>This is currently an unsupported configuration.<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br><br>Aaron Belcher<br>Software Engineer<br>Active Voice<br>abelcher@activevoice.com
    View more
02-05-2001
Cancel Post

• browsing problem - ( 01-29-2001 )
  • I have configured cisco router (800 series) for dial out and I am using bri port for our dial out scenario.At the router I have configured NAT but problem is that the browsing speed is very slow as compare to normal dial up by modem, since my bri line is perfactly all right and no CRC is present at any interface like bri or ethernet.since ISP is using MAX TNT as access server and when I ping the access server ip then I get request time out error and I am very confused where is the bottle neck.regards,mansoor
    View more
01-29-2001
Cancel Post

• Campus Network Performance - ( 01-29-2001 )
  • i am testing my network performance by copy a file using tftp from workstation to server in the campus network. The first testing is to copy the file from local workstation (workstation at same network with Server) to server. The result that i get is 7.7 Mbps. The second testing is copy file from remote workstation (Remote workstation is a workstation which defference network with the Server)to Server. The workstation location is 4 hops network from the server. the result is 2.5 Mbps. we are running ATM Backbone in campus network. My question is, is my network a normal network speed or not ?, What do you think about my testing result ? and please advise me on this and provided my the support document.
    View more
01-29-2001
Cancel Post

• Cisco 700 - ( 01-26-2001 )
  • I have recently purchased a Cisco 700 (yes I know mixed feeling in the world) to replace my 3com ISDN/LAN modem. Two issues I have, firstly I can not get the CLI to funtion on the telephone connected to the POTS.. secondly I have lost the web browsing capabilities from connection workstions (MSN messenger seems ok) so can only suggest DNS has gone funky. Anyone got one of these who would like to swap scripts?many thanks (if only the 2500 series had pots)
    View more
01-26-2001
Cancel Post

• Not enough storage is available to complete this o - ( 01-24-2001 )
  • We had previously installed the ViewMail Client for Outlook version 2,4,0,105. When we tried to run set-up from the Installation CD with version 2,4,0,132 , we get a message "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation". Even if we try to uninstall the earlier version using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel we get the same error message. Although 2,4,0,105 is working fine, we thought it best to install a newer ViewMail client. Could you please advise us why we might be getting this error and what we can do to resolve the problem?<br><br>Client Hardware - NT 4.0 Workstation 10gb free disk 256mb ram<br><br>Thanks<br><br><br><br>Joseph Schuldhaus CMA<br>Vice President Information Technology<br>West Edmonton Mall
    View more
01-24-2001
Cancel Post

• IDS - ( 01-24-2001 )
  • I need some help (scripts, samples, tech info) with Director and Sensor.For example I had installed the director and when i go to the root map , i can't find director.Any help is appreciated.
    View more
01-24-2001
Cancel Post

• Connecting Printers to Redundant LAN - ( 01-23-2001 )
  • We are in the process of designing a System Architecture for a Process Control System. This contains two WINNT Servers(redundant-each server with two NICs) and a Client operating station(with two NICs). All these are connected by a redundant TCP/IP LAN thro two Hubs. We need to connect printers to this redundant LAN. Can we use a router to connect the print server and the redundant LAN? If so which model to use?
    View more
01-23-2001
Cancel Post

• Ports turn Busy - ( 01-19-2001 )
  • Overview: Unity Enterprise 2.4.5.66 (Standalone Voice Mail Only - Only Exchange server in Org.) 8 ports<br> Connected to Call Manager 3.0.2(d) via TSP (Uone Ports)<br><br>Error: Ports show Busy on Unity Status Screen and Lock Up while trying to use Media Master recording-by-phone (MM) function to record/playback via a handset after a couple of times. <br>Status monitor shows status of ports as "ConvTrap Connected".<br>The only way to free/reset them is to start/stop unity or to restart server if the rest does not work.<br><br>Thanks - V<br><br><br><br>
    View more
01-19-2001
Cancel Post

• IPPhone services philosophy??? - ( 01-14-2001 )
  • Hi,I have come across the same problem everytime I manage to scrounge some XML scripts from Cisco and that is that Cisco always assumes that the XMLservices webserver ( or scriptconvertor) has direct internet access. Now that maybe so in Cisco's view. My opinion is that most people protect their network by means of firewalls,NAT or other means that do not allow direct outgoing internet access. Therefor the scripts I have don't work if you need to go via a corporate proxy ( redirecting the request) I have been playing with CiscoURLProxy program and but could not have it accept the Proxy parameter. Can someone explain me why Cisco has this does it this way?BTW I am not a programmer expert so, you can imagine I am struggling with this.Aad
    View more
01-14-2001
Cancel Post

01-13-2001
Cancel Post

• Duplicate Messages - ( 01-11-2001 )
  • I have an interesting problem, one person is getting duplicate voice mail messages in thier outlook inbox, and not all voice mails are duplicated, for example he came in today and had 5 new voice messages, 2 were duplicates. he only checks his voice mail through outlook,so i do not know if they are duplicated through the phone.<br><br>Any thoughts<br><br>Thanks<br><br>
    View more
01-11-2001
Cancel Post

• *Looking for feedback on new UI designs* - ( 01-10-2001 )
  • Hey folks… now’s your chance to get some direct input into the UI of Unity… if you’re going to be in the Seattle area in the next month or so, our UI guys would love to have you swing by and run you through some new designs just coming out of the oven. If you’re interested, ping Matt at the email noted below.<br><br>============================<br><br>Active Voice is looking for volunteers to help with the usability testing of its unified messaging products at our Seattle location. We are asking for one hour of participation in exchange for a $50 gift certificate to amazon.com. Participants will perform some tasks using one of our products and then tell us how we can make it better.<br><br>We currently have openings for the following dates:<br><br> 1/15 - 1/19 sessions start anytime between 8am to 3pm<br> 1/22 - 1/26 sessions start anytime between 8am to 6pm.<br> 1/29 - 2/2 sessions start anytime between 8am to 6pm.<br> <br><br>If you are interested in one of the these sessions send email to Matt Dallas at mdallas@activevoice.com. State the date and time you are interested in attending. If you are the first volunteer for a session, you will receive an e-mail confirmation along with directions to Active Voice. We provide validated parking at our building.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect<br>Active Voice<br>jlindborg@activevoice.com<br><A HREF="http://members.home.net/jlindborg" target="_new">http://members.home.net/jlindborg</A>
    View more
01-10-2001
Cancel Post

• URL visited Logs - ( 01-09-2001 )
  • HI,I am working for a ISP we have a following setup at one of our NAP,A Cisco As 5300 RAS, Cisco 3640 and we have a 2 MB Gateway connectivity from a service provider.A law in India needs me to show the CLI and the websites visited by our subscribers.Unfortunately we dont have any proxy servers in place so that we can capture that data.Is there any way of capturing the said data from a AS 5300 or the router.Thanks Erfan
    View more
01-09-2001
Cancel Post

• Please Help - ( 01-09-2001 )
  • HI,<br><br>We have an urgent problem but our support agreement has not gone through yet. So Please help.<br><br>We use Unity 2.4 with Cisco CallManager 3.0.3b. Our Untiy is a part of our Exchange so everybody's Inbox is stored on our Exchange servers. We use 6 CallManager uOne ports for Unity, 4 ports for Call and 2 for MWI and such. We found out that once for a while the MWI lights for all the phones in are not turned on, even though our users have new voice messages in their Inbox. I have to either Resync or reset the ports that handle the MWI lights. (I tried to test for all the ports in Telephony in Control Panel and the test runs fine). Below is the warning messages from NT event log on Unity server:<br><br>Event ID: 521<br>Source: AcMiu_MC<br><br>Description<br>Component Miu: Thread 0x0000022C had a Failure on Port 6 in Method CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()<br><br>DESCRIPTION: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.<br>DETAILS: <br> DestAddress: 8020<br> Messages: 0<br> State: OFF<br> ErrorCode: 0x80000048. <br><br><br>Event ID: 521<br>Source: AcMiu_MC<br><br>Description<br>Component Miu: Thread 0x0000022C had a Failure on Port 5 in Method CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()<br><br>DESCRIPTION: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.<br>DETAILS: <br> DestAddress: 2309<br> Messages: 0<br> State: OFF<br> ErrorCode: 0x80000048. <br><br>Please help. Thanks.<br><br><br><br>
    View more
01-09-2001
Cancel Post