cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Dikkia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

not sure this is the right place to raise my question..if not..beg you pardon.

problem:

I have to interconnect 2 datacenter with 2 links 10gb each so...10+10

physical connection is DWDM (dark fiber) and each datacenter has is own nexus93108 (as core router)  and his own L2 and L3 domain.

I need to streach vlans on the first DC to the secondary DC ( that's easy since i have L2 physical connections ) but....i would like to amend  some L2 problems and thus i would use VXLAN between datacenter in order to avoid ( for example ) broadcast and other L2 issues between DC's

Another requirement (the most important and the one that bring me here ) is to have some vlans streched on the first link ( let's call it link 1 ) and other ( different ) vlans on link 2.

Reasons than force me to have some vlan on one physical link and other vlans on a different link are many...for example having production traffic on link1 and VMOTION traffic ( or replica, or whatever ) on the link2. In short....production traffic doesn't have to mix up with other traffic and viceversa.

I never used vxlan so far but, if i've understood correctly, i have to create a NVE interface ( that states the l2 vlan ) and associate it to the routing process ( OSPF1  in my case ). obviosly other conf needs to be configured but let's skip them for now.

this should accomplish half work ( productoin vlans on one phisical link)

the problem is that a SECOND NVE ( whree the remaining vlan are listed)  is NOT supported by the switch ( all the switch )...so i can't bind the OTHER vlans to another NVE and to another routing process ( for example OSPF2) in order to use the second phisical link.

is there a way to separate vlans on 2 (or more) different phisical links using VXLAN?

thx you all in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: