Views
Helpful
Comments
debabbar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Summary:

==========

From Vsphere Version 6.6 onwards Basic LACP is not supported, this post is to go through the steps required for the Enhanced LACP configuration when using VMM integration with ACI. 

To configure Enhanced LACP please make sure that the Following Perquisites are met:

1. VMM domain has been created and the DVS switch has been pushed to the Vcenter.
  2. VPC/Port-channel configuration on the ACI LEAF switches has been done, on the interfaces going towards the ESXI domain.

STEP1:

=============

Configure the Enhanced LAG policy:

En-LAG.png

STEP 2:

===============

Log in to the vSphere Client and verify that the LAG policy is being pushed on the VDS :

image.png

STEP 3:

=================

Move the ESXI Host interfaces into the En-LACP policy:

a. Select host

image.png

image.png

b. Move Uplinks

image.png

image.png

c. Make sure that the uplink status is connected.

image.png

d. Verify on the LEAF switches that the VPC is up.

image.png

STEP 4:

================

EPG Association with the VMM domain

image.png

Comments
Torsten_Graf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @debabbar 

first I want to say thanks for this information, but I have one question. Are these settings also working for VMM Integration with Cisco UCS Blades / Fabric Interconnect?
I have configured my fabric exactly like this and I'm getting a lot of "ep-mac-is-rogue" errors in my fabric. It seems MACs are flapping between the Uplinks.

Thanks

Torsten

Ezzedine
Level 1
Level 1

hello @debabbar 

thanks alot for the information.

hello@Torsten_Graf
Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects do not support LACP on the southbound ports toward the blade server. Therefore, you can use only  MAC pinning.
you need to change the Port Channel Policy under the VSwitch policy in the VMM Domain to Mac Pinning, that would solve your problem, if your vCenter contains Blade servers and other rack Mount server that are not connected via the Fabric but directly to the Leaves and you still wanna keep the LACP policy you need to create a new VMM Domain policy for the same vCenter. that would also works fine.
i hope that answers your question.

best regards
Ezzedine
Ezzedine

Torsten_Graf
Level 1
Level 1

@Ezzedine 

That's correct - But with ACI 5.2 you need to configure an Enhanced Lag Policy, otherwise you'll get an error on the ACI fabric.

To get the problem solved I did following configuration:

I Configured an enahnced lag policy vSwitch Policy but I didn't use it. I'm still using direct uplinks in the dVS on VMware side, and I didn't use the anhanced lag policy in the vmm domain configuration for the epg.

Best Regrads

Torsten

Ezzedine
Level 1
Level 1

@Torsten_Graf 

thank you for the feedback.

greetings

Ezzedine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: