Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Howdy to all you out there in Automation Land! Hope the summer treated you well and you are moving into the great fall weather, enjoying some football, and whatever else you like to do outside! I have been away at a couple events and had some major project work going on so my time for blogs has been next to none... however I found a new topic for CPO that I could not go without blogging about because well... it's just plain awesome! I'm talking about SWAGGER integrated into CPO. I did a past blog on the new Rest API but now, as of 3.2.2 we have integrated SWAGGER for the rest API into CPO!!!

If you are unaware, SWAGGER gives you the API calls and formats and allows you to make test calls so you can write all those CPO web service calls with ease. It gives you all the formats, all the JSON, all the endpoints, all the requirements... all you do is a little configure, a little test, and there you go... it even gives you the CURL commands... could it get any easier???? So if you are like me and you like to automate back into CPO (ie. creating targets dynamically or starting other processes dynamically, etc) then you have a great love for the CPO NorthBound Web Services. Adding REST to CPO was super, but this just makes the icing on the cake taste great! So how do we get it to work?

Couple of quick steps...

1) Assuming REST API is disabled or you have a new CPO server.... if REST is enabled go to the last step

2) Go to File->Environment Properties

3) Go to the Web Services tab

4) Click the checkbox next to one of the REST services (HTTP or HTTPS) and configure the port(s) you want and click OK

5) Click OK to restart the web services if prompted

6) Now you can go to swagger at (assuming REST on HTTP) -> http://<hostname_of_cpo>:<port_of_web_Services>/swagger/ui/index/

That's all! And you ask... "Do you have a VOD of this?" and well.. .it's me , so of course I do!

Onto the video! Enjoy!

Play recording (24 min 28 sec)

Recording password: YqVumdJ2

Thanks as always to all my wonderful readers and those who continue to stick with and use CPO. Big things are on the horizon and I hope that you will continue to use CPO and find great uses for it! If you have a really exciting automation story, please email me it! (see below) I would love to compile some stories and feature customers or individual stories in an upcoming blog!!!

AUTOMATION BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO and automation, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support  please do so via the current call in numbers on Cisco.com or email tac@cisco.com

Thanks and Happy Automating!!!

--Shaun Roberts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: