cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Pondering Automation: If it's broke, you gotta fix it!

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Hello all there in automation land. As you can see I'm getting this blog in under the wire for the month of May. The adoption pilot and numerous internal automations have caused me to be a little behind in the blogging area but do not fear! I have a quick and great blog for you to view over the weekend and into next week. As a follow-up to the previous blog (in how I develop code) I wanted to review with everyone how I go about troubleshooting content/code. Many of you have seen this happen (if you've been with CPO for a while) as you have probably seen me do it on a case or two for you.

In now writing automations for other teams and keeping them up my ability to troubleshoot content and QA content has grown quite a bit! I have picked up a couple of great habits and some guidelines that I hope you can use in your development cycles. I highly live by the idea that you eat the elephant "one bite at a time" and I try to code/QA/Troubleshoot in this fashion as well. What I have for you to watch today is about 20 minutes of me talking about how I troubleshoot and some of the tools that CPO gives you to help you troubleshoot your automations. Both in talking about new features of 3.0 and features that have been around for a while and maybe you did not know about! Since it's a Friday and the week is almost done, I'm going to stop typing and just pass you onto the video....

ONTO THE VIDEO!

https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=21ce871b09854cc68478c1639796f1f6

Enjoy!!

Shaun's Monthly Q/A

No questions this month! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next time!

Every month I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to  do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO.

WEEKLY AUTOMATION BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in  no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None  of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support  please do so via the current call in numbers on Cisco.com or email tac@cisco.com

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.