Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Pondering Automation: The greatest shall be the latest

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Howdy out there in automation land! I hope everyone is having a wonderful fall season and are back in the full swing of the school year. Things are going well here as I ramp down a handful of projects but ramp up a new handful. Hence the reason for the large gap in-between blogs... sometimes those ramp up and downs keep you busy! We have had a handful of customers ask about the newer version of CPO since we recently released 3.0.2 and we are getting close to the next major release in 3.1. (still a few out but closer to it than farther from it) So I decided to do a video blog about the additional things you get from upgrading to 3.0 and beyond.

Currently I run 3.0.2 on all my environments and it is wonderful. The first major boon you will get from any upgrade is the tireless effort and hours of work that engineering has put into the product. Each release is that much more work and that much better. A bunch of great things have come out of 3.0 and 3.0.2 including:

• Support for .net Framework 4.5 which has tons of improvements in Garbage Collection and other resource utilization
  • Ability to be Highly Available
  • Modeless Editor Support
  • Process Validation for Automation Packs
  • New activities and adapters
  • Tons of bug and enhancement fixes to activities and adapters already present
  • Target Types
  • much much more!

So start with this small list and come join me on a quick 30 minute tour of the newest features and discussion around CPO 3.0 and later! I know it will be insightful for you and help you in your decision to press forward with your upgrade. In the case that you do want to upgrade, we even have video guidance to take you through it! You can find that @ https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12145556/video-demand-upgrading-teo-23x-cpo-30

Now, ONTO THE VIDEO!!!

https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=2311acbd9b144a9ba1244e65bcc7976a

Enjoy!!

Shaun's Monthly Q/A

No questions this month! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next time!

Every month I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to  do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO.

WEEKLY AUTOMATION BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in  no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None  of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support  please do so via the current call in numbers on Cisco.com or email tac@cisco.com

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards