Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Pondering Automation: The Magic of Interfaces

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Hello all in Automation Land! I hope the year is moving along nicely for you. I know it is for us in the IA TAC unit. I want to remind all customers that if you have issues/question/concerns please open cases and let us know. The more the merrier in some cases! Do not let something sit and stew on your plate for 6 months and then call, it will be much better (and less stressful for you) if you call or e-mail us as soon as you can. We are training up CSEs at a nice pace too, so the more cases we can have to work the better. Thanks to a member on my team, John Laird, we had the idea to begin to automate things internal to the team and make our lives easier. Why not use our own products to make things smoother? We decided to do this and to make anyone (even those not incline to TEO/CPO) be able to use it. Since I have a little development background in PHP, I decided to make a quick PHP based website and make a framework for my team to develop tools in and to use TEO/CPO as the main driving engine for those tools.

While the TEO Web Console does pretty much already what we setup, we wanted to try something a little experimental and play around with our own web site and hook it into TEO/CPO. So what we now have for this blog is a small case study in interfaces into TEO/CPO. A quick and cool way to hook up a random website and use TEO/CPO as the backend engine that drives in. While this has already been done with the TEO Web Console and, of course, CCP and the CIAC stack, I wanted to try my own hand at it and show off what we did and how it works. Hopefully this will spark ideas on process authoring, integration points, and more, for you and your fellow TEO folk. In the future I hope to show some more of our internal tools as we are not just using TEO for SAP or TEO for cloud, there are more applications for automation. You just have to have an idea and say "Hey, can we automate this?" As a side note this will also dive into the North Bound Web Services which is a neat component of TEO/CPO allowing you to automate configuration things in TEO. (start a process/create a target/delete a target/etc)

I hope you enjoy the webex recording below, please feel free to post comments/questions/etc. Please be aware that this is just something we did throw together so it's more dev level than production level. Please let me know future topics you would like me to cover in upcoming blogs, etc and I'll be happy to. I do plan to do some coverage of "out of the box" content here in not too long. (SAP, CIAC, etc)

Also, if you are running TEO/CPO 2.2, please be aware of the current hotfix list, you can find the published hotfixes in the documents area at https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/data-center/intelligent_automation/teo?view=documents. Not all hotfixes apply to any one customer, so if you have questions, please open a case and the TAC will get you what you need! Also, please be aware of our forums and feel free to post there. While support does not monitor them non-stop, support and plenty of the other TEO/CPO gurus check them out weekly, plus it's a good place to interact with other customers and see if they have the same/similar issues and how they solved them. (https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/data-center/intelligent_automation/teo?view=discussions)

Webex Recording of the IA TAC Tools Implementation: https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=f218ea303f421beaa421db18e9ca3941

Enjoy!

Shaun's Weekly Q/A

No questions this week! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next week!

Ever week I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO. My hope is to have a once/week blog entry here on CPO!

WEEKLY TEO BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support please do so via the current call in numbers (650-475-4600 or 877-55-TIDAL) or via e-mail at tidal-support@cisco.com (please include your Cisco ID when emailing in)

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CPO #Support Team Lead

1 Comment
Cisco Employee

updated webex links

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.