Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Pondering Automation: The one interface to rule them all!!! Part 2

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Hello all in Automation Land! I hope the past couple of weeks have been exciting for you. I know they have been for us. Lots of PTO, lots of good development, and lots of new people joining the Orchestrator front. We continue to meet with new and excited customers on a daily basis and with that we find new and exciting ways to use Orchestrator. SAP is getting more and more ramped up as the Reseller agreement gets signed and continues to grow. The cloud offering is becoming more than we ever thought it would and helping customers truly manage their cloud infrastructures and reduce their IT costs. But, at the end of the day, that is what Orchestrator is meant for. We want to reduce your overall IT costs and allow you to focus on greater project style work.

With that, here is the 2nd part to my "One Interface to Rule them All" series. In this we will finish up the remediation part of the process and add in some additional functionality. We will check to make sure the agent is down and if so restart it. We will also do some work with conditionals and more with the CPO northBound Web Services. As always this is my thoughts and some of my best practices so please use them if you wish, if not, just enjoy watching some content authoring for 30 minuts! I will *need* some feedback for my next blog as we can split off a few ways. I have had requests for the following...

1) Create a services interface from Cloud Portal through Orchestrator and let's see all the details. - I kind of did this in a previous blog, but I'm fine to go through it deeper and from scratch if this is wanted

2) Do some content authoring examples, again from scratch, on SAP

3) Do some content authoring examples, again from scratch, on the network

I would like to take a quick break from this One Interface series to work on one of the above topics in my next blog so I leave it up to you, the readers, to direct this blog. If not... I'll pick one, but it's so much better if you pick it!

I hope you enjoy the blogs and enjoy the content I am publishing for the ever-growing automation community. Let me know if there is anything *ELSE* you would like to see me cover and I will see what I can do.

Onto the inferface!

https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=4ba5313c2d1df2af585a21bc21a37b47

As always..... Enjoy!!!

Shaun's Weekly Q/A

No questions this week! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next week!

Ever week I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO.

WEEKLY CPO BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support please do so via the current call in numbers (650-475-4600 or 877-55-TIDAL) or via e-mail at tidal-support@cisco.com (please include your Cisco ID when emailing in) or tac@cisco.com

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CPO/CIAC Support Team Lead

1 Comment
Cisco Employee

updated webex link

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards