cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Pondering Automation: The one interface to rule them all!

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Hello all in Automation Land! I have been chewing on this blog "set" for the past month and decided to do a running blog series where we are going to build out an interface.... The One Interface... to Rule them all!

Now if you do not understand the joke, I suggest you google the flash video series "The One Ring to Rule them All", very funny flash videos series around the Lord of the Rings series. Anyways, on to more techincal matters. This interface is going to be built out using Web Services between Cisco Process Orchestrator (CPO) and Tidal Enterprise Scheduler (TES). The goal being to monitor TES for certain issues and to be able to automatically recover, collect logs, do diagnostics, all kinds of great stuff. How high will it go? I'm not sure yet, but we have to start somewhere. I do suggest you have some knowledge of Web APIs or have at least watched some of my other blogs up to now. I highly suggest you watch a couple of my other interface blogs as well. I personally like them!

The first video is an introduction to the idea and some process authoring including using the web services and showing the interface. The 2nd video is a quick couple minutes on showing the first set of our process working. I do plan to publish a tap with the content but only after we are at a good/production level. Right now it's too development-ish and I want to give good product out to my readers.

In release news, CPO 2.3.1 and CIAC 3.0.1 have been released with CPO 2.3.2 and CIAC 3.0.2 on the horizon. I hope everyone understands the need to stay up to date on the latest releases of CPO. Engineering is putting in many thankless hours to produce a wonderful product and each iteration is that much better. Especially if you are running SAP monitoring you should be on 2.3 at least; it has gotten very strong reviews from many SAP customers so far.

I am curious as to what other people you would like to "hear" from in the CPO inter-world? Developers? QA? PMs? I am happy to do some interviewing and post the recordings or transcripts for a blog, but I'm curious who you readers would like to hear from. Let me know!

Onto the interface!

VOD 1(intro): https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=8e80deab8fbc0b69d327c41fd12f444f

VOD 2(show the process): https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=38d492b0d07d306acf0a7451ad919a4f

As always..... Enjoy!!!

Shaun's Weekly Q/A

No questions this week! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next week!

Ever week I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO.

WEEKLY CPO BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support please do so via the current call in numbers (650-475-4600 or 877-55-TIDAL) or via e-mail at tidal-support@cisco.com (please include your Cisco ID when emailing in) or tac@cisco.com

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CPO/CIAC Support Team Lead

1 Comment
Cisco Employee

updated webex links

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards