Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Pondering Automation: Training, CloudPortal, XML, and You

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

Hello all in Automation Land! Well it's been a wild last 4 weeks. I have been in training for the past 4 weeks and away from the day-to-day support action. We had people from the China TAC come to the US and train with us for a whole month! They are going to be supporting the Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (CIAC) offering, so we are very excited for them. With this we took the opportunity to train some of our current TAC members and the China TAC on CIAC. I lead 2 weeks of TEO/CPO training and then we had 2 weeks of Cisco Cloud Portal/Cisco Service Portal training. All very exciting and got us up to speed on the cloud offering. However, it got us to thinking.... if this can be done and deployed to customers, why not use our own products to make our lives easier? And thusly we have done that! Below you will find a 20 minute webex recording showing how to integrate the Cloud Portal and CPO and a demonstration of how we are using it in the TAC.

To be fair warned, to understand these components you want to have a little knowledge of XML and understand process authoring in CPO. This is not a "beginner" blog or video. Hopefully, if you have been following the blog since I started, you are up to the point where this is the proper place to see this in succession. If not, please watch anyways! However, watch it from a 10,000 foot view more-so than a deep technical view. If you have questions about CIAC in general or want to know about the portal/PO/etc , please contact a Sales person or open a Sev 4 case with our TAC unit.

In release news, be aware that TEO/CPO 2.3 is due out next week with some exciting changes, especially for those in the SAP world. Also be aware that CIAC 3.0 is due out the same time so current and future Cloud customers will get in on some of the wonderful work the IASBU has been doing! Now that I have been rambling on for a bit, it's time for me to back off the keyboard and let you watch the below VOD and enjoy. Please post comments or questions in the comments section of this blog.

VOD: https://ciscosupport.webex.com/ciscosupport/lsr.php?RCID=8f903b03685001cffd79a83c6b3c92a2

As always..... Enjoy!!!

Shaun's Weekly Q/A

No questions this week! Hopefully we'll get some in to answer for next week!

Ever week I will pick a handful of questions from you, the reading CPO public, to answer in this part of the blog. Please post comments/questions below. I will no longer be using the external e-mail from previous blogs.

Please also let me know if you like the format of this blog and what else you would like to see/know about. Feel free to give any ideas as to future blog posts, etc and I will be happy to post them. I hope to do more how-tos, best practices, tips, tricks, and hopefully some interviews of the important people behind the scenes of CPO. My hope is to have a once/week blog entry here on CPO!

WEEKLY TEO BLOG DISCLAIMER: As always, this is a blog and my (Shaun Roberts) thoughts on CPO, my thoughts on best practices, and my experiences with the product and customers. The above views are in no way representative of Cisco or any of it's partners, etc. None of these views, etc are supported and this is not a place to find standard product support. If you need standard product support please do so via the current call in numbers (650-475-4600 or 877-55-TIDAL) or via e-mail at tidal-support@cisco.com (please include your Cisco ID when emailing in)

Thanks to all for reading and happy automating!

-Shaun Roberts

shaurobe@cisco.com

CPO Support Team Lead

1 Comment
Cisco Employee

updated webex link

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.