Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
velo84
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a strange problem redistributing iBGP routes to OSPF on Nexus 9000.  Initially I had an open prefix list to get things working. Some of the routes weren't being redistributed to OSPF and I found this article which helped which said you need to 'match route-type internal'

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/nx-os-software/200185-Configure-Redistribution-of-iBGP-Routes.html

Now everything is working I am trying to lock down the prefix list but it seems to completely ignore the prefix list. Even if I only have a statement of deny 0.0.0.0/0 it still redistributes everything 

ip prefix-list permit-bgp-to-ospf seq 10 permit 10.0.10.0/24
ip prefix-list permit-bgp-to-ospf seq 10 permit 10.0.20.0/24

route-map redistribute-bgp-ospf permit 10
  match ip address permit-bgp-to-ospf
  match route-type internal
route-map redistribute-bgp-ospf permit 20
  match ip address permit-bgp-to-ospf

For the permit 10 statement my understanding is it's a logical AND statement (it needs to match the prefix list as well as be type internal) 

The reason I had the permit 20 statement is because some of the routes are not type 'internal' and I only want one prefix list to maintain.

I know the route-map is being referenced correctly because if I put a deny 5 statement then all the routes disappear. 

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks

4 Comments

match ip address prefix list 

you missing prefix list keyword in commend 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

high level below sequence same - so change it 10 and 20 so on

ip prefix-list permit-bgp-to-ospf seq 10 permit 10.0.10.0/24
ip prefix-list permit-bgp-to-ospf seq 10 permit 10.0.20.0/24

Do you have deny statemen for the prefix list ?

can you post complete configuration to understand better.

velo84
Level 1
Level 1

@MHM Cisco World  Thank you very much, good spot. That was the problem. I actually posted in here by mistake (was supposed to be the support forums) but I got my answer, thanks. 

@balaji.bandi  Thanks, it was just a typo on the post. It's correct on the router. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glad all working as expected

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: