Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Alexander Green on 10-10-2011 04:40:59 PM
Hello All,

If this issue has already been addressed, please direct me to the correct place.  I'm running the USCM emulater (v1.4) in VMware player on Windows 7 with JRE version 1.7.  When I try to launch the UCS manager from the web interface, I get the following exception from Java Web Start:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://192.168.126.128/ucsm/unpacked/centrale.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am able to access the web page with no problem, I just can't launch the UCS manager.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Subject: RE: Unable to load UCS Manager
Replied by: Alexander Green on 11-10-2011 09:33:41 AM
Hi Alexander,
Just want to confirm that your machine is not 64-bit. Otherwise, Someone from Cisco has to look in to it

Yes, I am running 64-Bit Windows 7.  I was not aware of any requirement for 32/64 bit operating systems.

Replied by: Alexander Green on 11-10-2011 09:58:02 AM
I fixed my issue.  There was a problem with my Java proxy settings.  I switched to using a direct connection and now I am able to launch the UCS manager.

Replied by: Dilip panwar on 10-10-2011 11:08:40 PM
Hi Alexander,
Just want to confirm that your machine is not 64-bit. Otherwise, Someone from Cisco has to look in to it

Replied by: Dilip panwar on 11-10-2011 10:05:09 AM
Can you pls share the steps you followed to resolve the issue

Thanks
Dilip

Replied by: Toan Pham on 13-12-2012 12:28:28 PM
Under Control Panel, click on Java icon, under Genenral tab, Network Settings, click on Network Settings, choose Direct Connection, click OK. You should be able to lauch the UCS Manager.
6 Comments
kskhanna
Level 4
Level 4

Awesome. I was facing the same issue. Thanks for sharing!

amr.momtaz
Level 1
Level 1

Yes same issue here. Had my browser (firefox) proxy settings set to automatically detect. Apparently, this didn't go well with java. when I set it to no proxy. the problem was solved.

Kral Two
Level 4
Level 4

As mentioned, set your java network settings from comtrol panel to "Direct Connection" and it will work like a charm.

Side advice : upgeade to UCSM 3.1 if you are eligible to get ride of the Java based GUI and enjoy HTML5.

kstar9200
Level 1
Level 1

Here is another solution I found that also works.

Find the paths on W7k and up the paths are as follows:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Java
C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Sun
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Oracle

Look for the ending path name of SUN, Oracle and or Java then DELETE THEM (Just the FOLDERS not paths) and UCSM should launch.  Keep in mind Java goes by many names.

This was my error:

naveed.akram
Level 1
Level 1

Solution Worked !  ,  Many Thanks for sharing

It Works for me, thank you for share another solustions... it almost makes me crazy after reinstalling java "hundreds" times...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community