With Nexus 1000v 1.4 release, Cisco has introduced a new feature vPath. It offers the ability to run virtualized services . In case of VSG, it perform multiple functions:
- intelligent steering of traffic to the firewall node (VSG) for policy evaluation.
- The result is cached in the vPath flow table
- Firewall policy enforcement is done via the vPath.
- vPath is multitennat aware. The traffic is redirected to the tenant VSG based on the flow destination
- vPath provides dynamic policy provisioning to new VMs coming on to the network
- The architecture allows to decouple service from the workload
- Performance is enahnced since the process has been offloaded from VM level processing to Hypervisor
There are some new videos posted on the community site which can help you install and configure the VSG/VNMC solution. If you want to look at a quick demo to see how the security policy enforcement is done for a tenant, please check out this video VSG/VNMC Demo
As we know ACI learn fabricPathEp in three ways which are.
1-non-aggregated ==> Not an aggregated link2-Link ==> Direct Port Channel3-Node ==> Virtual Port Channel
If the endpoint is being learnt by "Link or Node" we can then easily...
The reason of this post is I am confused by Cisco documents regarding the architecture of the transport network between ACI on-prem DC and ACI Cloud in AWS. Let me explain: 1. From ACI in AWS whitepaper here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/c...
Hello Guys, I am trying to flash a 3164 from 7.0(3)I7(5a) to nxos.7.0.3.I4.8.bin But i keep getting the below error:I do have space so i do not think it's a space issue.Any ideas? Thank you. switch# sh verCisco Nexus Operating S...