cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Intersight Overview

This document provides an overview of the Cisco Intersight Service which can be used for cloud based management of UCS devices including HyperFlex, UCS Manager domains, and standalone UCS C-Series Servers.  The Intersight service is currently available to anyone with a cisco.com ID and devices capable of connecting to the Intersight Service.  Be sure to read more on Cisco Intersight - Cisco

Also be sure to visit the main Intersight Communities space for detailed overviews and discussion forums: Intersight

Demo Overview and Additional Information

• Be sure to watch the video demo of account creation and other management operations that can be performed from Cisco Intersight!

Currently Supported Devices

Accessing Devices from Intersight

• Once you have a device ready for connection, visit https://intersight.com to sign in with your cisco.com ID
  • After signing in, select "Create an account" and provide a Device ID and Claim Code from a UCS or HyperFlex device.
  • Note that the "Device ID" and "Claim Code" requested when claiming a device will need to be captured from the device in the menus mentioned above.  Here is an example screen shot:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.08.46 PM.png

Deleting (Unclaiming) a Device

• The following steps can be used to remove a device from an account:
    1. Navigate to the Devices menu in Intersight
    2. Select the device (or multiple devices) using the checkbox to the left of the device Name
    3. Click the delete icon Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 1.17.38 PM.png at the top left of the devices table and confirm to remove the device:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.10.12 PM.png

Intersight Service Status, Feedback, and Troubleshooting

• Visit https://intersight.com/help/ to access help documentation and user guides.
  • To check overall status of the Intersight Service, visit https://status.intersight.com
  • There are a few options for providing product feedback (including defect reports):
    1. From Intersight, navigate to the help menu Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 1.11.43 PM.png and select Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 1.12.16 PM.png
    2. Directly access the Feedback Form (useful if you are unable to login to Intersight).
    3. Send an e-mail to the address provided at the top of the Feedback Form.

Comments
acrouch71
Community Member

I was able to get my newest HyperFlex / UCS enrolled in Starship this afternoon. It worked really well, there were no issues. Overall it's a nice dashboard and I am interested to see how it looks when I add all of my other clusters this weekend after the HX 2.5 / UCSM 3.2 updates.

alamatth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David, had to reinstall my HX cluster due to address changes in the lab, and after adding the newly built cluster back into StarShip I still see the old as health even though it no longer exists.  I would like to delete it, but it doesn't show up in the devices tab anymore, so I'm not sure how to get rid of it.  Any idea?

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm seeing a similar issue with stale health showing for a device that no longer exists.  I've raised an issue with the Starship team and will update here once the issue is resolved.

ijay
Community Member

Will UCSPE support Intersight with a future version? Any timeframe for that release?

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCSPE will support management from Intersight in an upcoming release, although the feature will be limited to Cisco demo cloud (dcloud.cisco.com) environments initially.  UCSPE is planned for availability at roughly the same time as Intersight General Availability.

preethi.a
Level 1
Level 1

what cisco Intersight will support manage part of the server,

what the server hardware shall manageable even when it is shutdown or crashed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: