Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

L2VPN in the Data Center TechAdvantage Webinar: 5/1/13 at 8am PST

Views
Helpful
Comments

Join us for the next Cisco TechAdvantage Webinar, a 2-hour technical discussion on the benefits of Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) in the Data Center. This webinar will describe the motivation for using IP/MPLS technologies as a Data Center inter-connect technology.

Data Center Interconnect is a service that Service Providers (SP) can offer to interconnect Enterprise Data Centers, interconnect SP Data Centers, or allow Enterprise to connect to SP-owned compute and storage resources.

We will discuss:

• Current state of the technology with BGP-VPLS and LDP-VPLS as Data Center interconnect technologies, together with the enhancements needed to provide a resilient and scalable interconnect (taking into account service instance and MAC address scaling).
  • Use of the relatively new EVPN technology and how it enables SPs to offer an enhanced Data Center inter-connect service. We will cover how EVPN supports enhanced functionality such as active-active dual site/host homing and fast service restoration in the presence of edge failures.
  • Benefits of control plane based MAC learning using BGP, as well as a method for hiding the Intra DC MAC-addresses from the MPLS infrastructure.
  • Multi-tenancy factors
  • Various deployment options for inter-connecting Data Centers using E-VPN.
  • Address various platform support of these technologies.

Logistics - EVERYONE is welcome!

• Date: Wednesday, May 1st
  • Time: 8am PST
  • Duration: 2 hour webinar

Replay

Send any questions to ask_techadvantage@cisco.com. For more information on upcoming Cisco TechAdvantage Webinars, go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/techadvantage and you can follow us on Twitter @GetYourBuildOn.

Comments

Many thanks for the great documen

I have few questions please regarding A-VPLS. Appreciate If you can assist

@ Slide 22 -- For part C IP/MPLS

1- P router has to use port-channel so it can calculate a hash based on the flow label, correct ?

2- Also I should configure "port-channel load-balance mpls" at P router, correct ?

3- If I am correct, flow label should be the 3rd label and according to command reference for "port-channel load-balance label" only last 2 labels are taken into considersation !?

------------Quote----------

v If you select label, these guidelines apply:

• With only one MPLS label, the last MPLS label is used.

• With two or more MPLS labels, the last two labels (up to the fifth label) are used.

---------Unquote------------

Thanks
Regards
Sherif Ismail
Cisco Employee

Q1: P router has to use port-channel so it can calculate a hash based on the flow label, correct ?

A: If you are refering to the 6500 VSS then it is a PE router but you are partially correct first you need to configure "load-balance flow" at the PW level after you configure "flow-label enable" that will enable load balncing on ECMP. the "port-channel load-balance <method>" command does not recognise the flow label but mac-addresses, IP addresses, ports and L2 mpls label.

Q2: Also I should configure "port-channel load-balance mpls" at P router, correct ?

A:no necessarely you can load-balance on any supported algorithms supported

Q3:- If I am correct, flow label should be the 3rd label and according to command reference for "port-channel load-balance label" only last 2 labels are taken into considersation !?

A: the port-channel does not use the flow label for load balancing

A-VPLS uses the etherchannel load balancing and the flow label load balancing techniques indepedently.

Hope I answered your question

/Patrick

Many Thanks Patric .. Apologies for the late reply

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here