Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Join us for the next Cisco TechAdvantage Webinar, a 2-hour technical discussion on the benefits of Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) in the Data Center. This webinar will describe the motivation for using IP/MPLS technologies as a Data Center inter-connect technology.

Data Center Interconnect is a service that Service Providers (SP) can offer to interconnect Enterprise Data Centers, interconnect SP Data Centers, or allow Enterprise to connect to SP-owned compute and storage resources.

We will discuss:

• Current state of the technology with BGP-VPLS and LDP-VPLS as Data Center interconnect technologies, together with the enhancements needed to provide a resilient and scalable interconnect (taking into account service instance and MAC address scaling).
  • Use of the relatively new EVPN technology and how it enables SPs to offer an enhanced Data Center inter-connect service. We will cover how EVPN supports enhanced functionality such as active-active dual site/host homing and fast service restoration in the presence of edge failures.
  • Benefits of control plane based MAC learning using BGP, as well as a method for hiding the Intra DC MAC-addresses from the MPLS infrastructure.
  • Multi-tenancy factors
  • Various deployment options for inter-connecting Data Centers using E-VPN.
  • Address various platform support of these technologies.

Logistics - EVERYONE is welcome!

• Date: Wednesday, May 1st
  • Time: 8am PST
  • Duration: 2 hour webinar

Replay

Send any questions to ask_techadvantage@cisco.com. For more information on upcoming Cisco TechAdvantage Webinars, go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/techadvantage and you can follow us on Twitter @GetYourBuildOn.

Comments

Many thanks for the great documen

I have few questions please regarding A-VPLS. Appreciate If you can assist

@ Slide 22 -- For part C IP/MPLS

1- P router has to use port-channel so it can calculate a hash based on the flow label, correct ?

2- Also I should configure "port-channel load-balance mpls" at P router, correct ?

3- If I am correct, flow label should be the 3rd label and according to command reference for "port-channel load-balance label" only last 2 labels are taken into considersation !?

------------Quote----------

v If you select label, these guidelines apply:

• With only one MPLS label, the last MPLS label is used.

• With two or more MPLS labels, the last two labels (up to the fifth label) are used.

---------Unquote------------

Thanks
Regards
Sherif Ismail
Patrick Warichet
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q1: P router has to use port-channel so it can calculate a hash based on the flow label, correct ?

A: If you are refering to the 6500 VSS then it is a PE router but you are partially correct first you need to configure "load-balance flow" at the PW level after you configure "flow-label enable" that will enable load balncing on ECMP. the "port-channel load-balance <method>" command does not recognise the flow label but mac-addresses, IP addresses, ports and L2 mpls label.

Q2: Also I should configure "port-channel load-balance mpls" at P router, correct ?

A:no necessarely you can load-balance on any supported algorithms supported

Q3:- If I am correct, flow label should be the 3rd label and according to command reference for "port-channel load-balance label" only last 2 labels are taken into considersation !?

A: the port-channel does not use the flow label for load balancing

A-VPLS uses the etherchannel load balancing and the flow label load balancing techniques indepedently.

Hope I answered your question

/Patrick

Many Thanks Patric .. Apologies for the late reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: