Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
David Kosich
Level 1
Level 1

Borrowed with permission from Francis Guillier, Cisco technical marketing engineer (TME)

Slide1.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Comments
hitesh lodhi
Level 1
Level 1

why not...

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

As far as my research goes,

Nexus 5k supports dual-homing in vPC setup
Nexus 7k still does NOT support it

See link to where I found it: CLICK ME   -Cisco Documentation

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Okay hahaa this is just in, just last week June 18, 2015
Cisco released this Nexus 7k firmware version: v7.2(0)D1(1) 

THIS NOW SUPPORTS DUAL-HOMING HAHA ^_^

Rajeshkumar Gatti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hitesh lodhi
Level 1
Level 1

link missing , so what is the final outcome...does 7k support dual home or not.

dan.ryan28
Level 1
Level 1

It's in the 7.2 release notes:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/7_x/nx-os/release/notes/72_nx-os_release_note.html#pgfId-1174959

"FEX AA features
Fabric Extender (FEX) is a pass-through/mux device designed to provide top of rack or end of line connectivity for servers/hosts. Currently FEX can be connected to only one Cisco Nexus 7000 series switch. If the switch goes down, FEX loses connectivity to the network. Hence all the singly connected hosts via the FEX also lose connectivity to the network. To solve this problem, FEX can be connected to two Cisco Nexus 7000 series switches in Active-Standby mode or Active-Active mode (vPC). We choose the Active-Active solution because vPC provides seamless switchover and faster convergence in case of switch failure. Moreover, traffic is also sprayed across both switches providing full utilization of bandwidth."

Rajeshkumar Gatti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please reference this post. Broken link has been updated.

manojk6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nexus 5K Support Dual-homing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: